Forum Discussion

6 years ago

State of Arena and Looking Towards Diversity

The top 100 teams leading arena are all either Jedi Knight Revan or Darth Revan. Wouldn’t it be nice to see a little more diversity?

I am nostalgic for the early years of this game where you saw teams from all eras and incarcerations of Star Wars leading the arena. One day it would be Ackbar in the #1 spot, the next it would be Phasma, or Old Ben, or Dooku, or Maul, or Palpatine. As time went on, we saw CLS dominate for a while, then it was JTR, but even then you still had a variety of leaders in the top 100, and possibly a different team tomorrow than it was that day. Never was it down to literally only two leaders across the entire top 100 as it has become now.

Ironically, as more characters have been added, diversity in arena has vanished. You’d think the opposite would be true.

I believe the Kenobi/Anakin/Snips adjustments were a step in the right direction, but not enough to see a major presence of those characters in arena nor alter the redundancy in the current top 100. It’s still JKR or DR in all the lead spots.

It would please a fan that has been playing since the beginning to see more reworks aimed at increasing diversity of leadership (and their supporting casts) in arena, especially those that would give new life to old characters, ones that we farmed up and now just get destroyed in every mode of the game. This could be done in a way that still gives players incentive to farm (or possibly even pay) even if it’s for an “old” character. I would shell out for a Vader force choke that severely disables an opponent (similar to the way Thrawn’s fracture does), or Ackbar zetas that increase assists and survivability (at least enough for a classic rebel squad to stay alive against the Revans of the world). Just make it interesting. It doesn’t have to be these ideas specifically.

Finally, I’m not asking for an aggressive or curt explanation from commenters as to how this game makes its money or how its “always been this way.” Nor am I attacking the developers who made this great game that has entertained me for so many hours. I just want the force of the game to stay alive and well where, sadly, it’s feeling like the opposite when I see the same JKR team over and over no matter how many teams I refresh, hoping for a new opponent.