Forum Discussion

5 years ago

SWGOH draining iOS battery

I hope this is the right place for this question.

Is anyone else on iOS and noticed a MASSIVE increase in battery drainage with SWGOH in the last one to two weeks?

I don't really use my phone for much else, only minimal usage, and it's a 2018 iPhone 8Plus so not exactly a very outdated phone.

If anyone else is experiencing this it would be great to know.

Thanks!
  • Not an iPhone user, nor was I exactly experiencing battery drain, but a few weeks ago was experiencing very poor performance on a S10+ (especially when switching apps), but a restart completely fixed it. So if it has been awhile since a phone restart I would give that a try.
    Jefferx_CAN
    Rising Newcomer
    I have iPhone 8 and I did not noticed something like this. I think that if you are playing only swgoh with your iPhone, it’s difficult to know if it is related to this app or something else. Battery drainage are commonly caused by hardware or IOS corrupted files during an update. We had an update recently so it should be more related to this. App causing battery drainage is unusual and it should not be the principal cause you should think first.
  • Thanks Jefferx - everything is up to date from a software perspective, so if nobody else is experiencing this then I can try and deal with Apple

Appreciate the reply though :)
  • If you only use your phone for swgoh, then the % battery drain by swgoh will be high.
  • Interesting. I have noticed that my battery life has been suffering lately (the past few weeks).
    I never really thought that it was related to the game though, I blamed it on a combination of usage and battery degradation.
    But maybe you’re on to something.
  • Thanks both.

I've turned it off and on but no luck. A moment ago I was in the game for about 2 minutes, didn't do any battles, and battery went down 4%!

I'll try a factory reset over the weekend once I've backed up everything and can restore all the other things on it.

I get the feeling I've just got a bad battery at this point.
  • @kelly_511 - my battery health is 88%, and whilst I understand and accept GoH will be the majority drain, is the pace of it that is worrying me
  • @McGregor , don't waste your time with the factory reset, it won't help in this case.

We have 5 iPhones in the house, various models. When the battery health is around or under 85%, I replace the battery because it doesn't hold properly anymore. I have already done it in 3 of the phones and another one is coming up, has 85% (2018 model) and I can't play much on it anymore.
    I personally think it's because of playing too much on it; you have to recharge it more often, faster discharge/recharge cycles and it ends up shortening your battery life.
    This is my personal experience over the last 4-5 years and it only applies to iPhones.

Honest recommendation if I may, buy a battery replacement kit online and change it yourself if able to do so, it costs you about 10% of the money you have to pay to Apple for doing the same.
    Be very careful during the replacement operation though, some models are very sensitive!