Forum Discussion

8 years ago

The defence myth(nothing holds)

Character interaction on offence has become so complex at the top level that if your using any team consisting of thrawn dn gk you can win. Nothing holds on defence, mods gear and star level are becoming less and less a factor as well as characters are starting to deal in absolutes like thrawn and Dn. I know the level cap increase is coming and so is gear 12 but an easy fix is making star levels matter more not just in stats! Each star level should have different abilities or abilities locked until higher star levels are reached. 6 star characters like thrawn or even 5 star characters like chaze have no business being even competitive against 7 star right now there's nothing that sets anyone apart. Even pve at the top end comes down to rng now... I'm almost thinking this is EAs new direction have everyone scrambling to achieve something that isn't achievable.
  • "Muaddib;c-1185623" wrote:
    "lisztophobia;c-1185103" wrote:
    "Darth_bane16;c-1185096" wrote:
    "Ikey;c-1185094" wrote:
    "Darth_bane16;c-1185063" wrote:

"Ikey;c-1185056" wrote:
    So I spend a month farming gear pieces for a 5 star toon, only to be out done by a G7, 7 star of the very same toon? Yeah, that sounds **** fantastic. Gear and mods, in most cases are harder to farm than shards. I see no problem with the current situation.

I get it dude doesn't make sense too you, and I'm being super picky but at the top everyone has the best toons max gear and mods all in the same ballpark, and at that level in a mirror match a 6 star DN 5 star thrawn shouldn't be able to beat a full 7 star team with equal gear and mods 99% of the time it should be more around 60% of the time that's all I'm saying.

I make top 2 everyday in my shard. It's the AI that's flawed. Not the star level. Its not designed to target one until defeated. It's RNG with who it targets, as you'll know. On offense, you take out the biggest threat first.
    Plus, speed is the real winner.

Dude I've been pulling #1 for like 18 months straight I'm well aware of how it works but lately I'm seeing 5 and 6 star 70k dudes hanging out in the top 10 not because of anything else other then star level doesn't matter enough, anyone can farm mods and gear not everyone has the roster to pull 7 star event toons, it should matter more
    Would you care to explain why stars need to matter more?

I've never really seen an argument in favor of greater emphasis on stars that didn't boil down to "so it will prevent people with fewer stars from competing with me in arena because I'm me and I'm special."

Look, OP has proven himself to be a bit of a jerk with his responses to people, but I agree with the central point that * should matter more to a toon's power. WHY? Because it's just as much of a grind as gear is. Look at Leef's point about grinding for DN*'s... It takes time. Getting a 7* FOTP has been many ftp's pinnacle achievement. It's hard to do. It's an accomplishment. Getting a 7* Thrawn/Yoda/EP/GK are rewards for 7* ing a bunch of other toons. It's kind of pitiful that * lvl really only gets you a small pool of health and protection for the (frequently) arduous farms.

Not sure there is a need for character attacks. I understand you disagree.
  • It got nth to with stars, nothing with mods. A perfectly modded high end team gets so easy smoked by low teams. All they need is rex - to nullify any speed advantages of the superior team, and/or chaze.
    The most hilarious thing is thrawn lead teams in def. All u need is a unique zeta dn. Even a totally inferior squad can win this matchup. Because they "fixed" thrawn.
    So guys - if u dont already know: get rex, chaze (stars dont matter u dont even need a single zeta) , invest 1 day a few crystals to get out of the below top 50 swamp and go aim for top 10 ! You will suceed.
  • "ImYourHuckleberry;c-1185657" wrote:
    "Muaddib;c-1185623" wrote:
    "lisztophobia;c-1185103" wrote:
    "Darth_bane16;c-1185096" wrote:
    "Ikey;c-1185094" wrote:
    "Darth_bane16;c-1185063" wrote:

"Ikey;c-1185056" wrote:
    So I spend a month farming gear pieces for a 5 star toon, only to be out done by a G7, 7 star of the very same toon? Yeah, that sounds **** fantastic. Gear and mods, in most cases are harder to farm than shards. I see no problem with the current situation.

I get it dude doesn't make sense too you, and I'm being super picky but at the top everyone has the best toons max gear and mods all in the same ballpark, and at that level in a mirror match a 6 star DN 5 star thrawn shouldn't be able to beat a full 7 star team with equal gear and mods 99% of the time it should be more around 60% of the time that's all I'm saying.

I make top 2 everyday in my shard. It's the AI that's flawed. Not the star level. Its not designed to target one until defeated. It's RNG with who it targets, as you'll know. On offense, you take out the biggest threat first.
    Plus, speed is the real winner.

Dude I've been pulling #1 for like 18 months straight I'm well aware of how it works but lately I'm seeing 5 and 6 star 70k dudes hanging out in the top 10 not because of anything else other then star level doesn't matter enough, anyone can farm mods and gear not everyone has the roster to pull 7 star event toons, it should matter more
    Would you care to explain why stars need to matter more?

I've never really seen an argument in favor of greater emphasis on stars that didn't boil down to "so it will prevent people with fewer stars from competing with me in arena because I'm me and I'm special."

Look, OP has proven himself to be a bit of a jerk with his responses to people, but I agree with the central point that * should matter more to a toon's power. WHY? Because it's just as much of a grind as gear is. Look at Leef's point about grinding for DN*'s... It takes time. Getting a 7* FOTP has been many ftp's pinnacle achievement. It's hard to do. It's an accomplishment. Getting a 7* Thrawn/Yoda/EP/GK are rewards for 7* ing a bunch of other toons. It's kind of pitiful that * lvl really only gets you a small pool of health and protection for the (frequently) arduous farms.

Not sure there is a need for character attacks. I understand you disagree.

I don't disagree, I agree. OP is throwing a lot of personal attacks around, but you're probably right that I don't need to point it out. (Unless you think OP is the person I'm quoting? Because no, liszt is fine, I'm attempting to answer his question. Numbered Darth Bane is OP)
  • Stars are already a gate. A gate for raids. A gate for legendary events. A gate for mod challenges. A gate for other occasional events.