Forum Discussion

AshurGaming
Seasoned Newcomer
17 days ago

We need to talk about Kyrotechs

So turns out this game is just about trying to get Kyrotechs then. And spending 4.99 on the little Kyrotech packs.

To unlock JK Cal Kestis 2100 Kyrotechs were needed between the 5 characters, then 500 more to relic JKCK.

I've got Kneesaa, Capt Rex, Katarn at G10, Dash, Raddus & every Bad Batch at G9 all needing Kyrotechs to progress. 

Every new character needs at least 400, whereas the likes of Jedi Revan, GMY, Gen Kenobi, even Vader only needed 100.

We see you CG, we see you.

• Crystals are your most flexible currency. I went through a long time period where most of my Kyros were purchased outright with crystals. But if you spend your TB GET-2 currency on Kyros and if you have 200-300 energy available to farm Kyros each day, you should be able to keep up with new toons. 

Now, that only helps so much if you're also needing to bring up older toons. But that's where you spend your crystals on Kyros. One of the great things about crystal Kyro expenditures is that even though they're expensive, they actually aren't much more expensive than farming. So if you're doing all your 50-crystal refreshes per day and still don't have enough Kyros, purchasing for crystals is better value than 100-crystal refreshes (by a long way) AND it's much faster. 

Be careful with you how you manage your crystal cache, do your daily refreshes on regular energy and Cantina energy, and let those crystals grow. When you hit 10k or 12k in the bank you can buy a large batch of Kyros, then slowly grow things back. Make sure you leave 6k-7k crystals in the bank in case of a galactic chase or double drops or something else where you want to spend a large number of crystals quickly. 

DO NOT purchase the 1300 crystal marquee packs for the new marquee format unless you're well into the 13k+ range with crystals in the bank. Getting characters early does you no good if you can't give them their Kyros, so getting shards cheap and slow and Kyros as quick as possible is probably the best bet for you. 

That said, be of good cheer! There is literally always a resource bottleneck. For me it's signal data trying to get all the r8 and r9 toons that raids and GL Ahsoka demand. But I defeated the Kyro demon. I never buy Kyros outright anymore and always have what I need to take new toons right to g11 (or right to relic if they unlock at 7*)

Eventually if you're consistent about spending GET-2 on Kyros and doing your daily refreshes and keeping some crystals for when you need Kyros in a hurry, you'll get ahead of the Kyro monster. 

• This is a game of resource bottlenecks and has been for 7-odd years, it’s not a bold new discovery. Currently kyros are the bottleneck for most people, signal data for a small group near the very end game.

CG are a business and need to make money - the more they can make players feel that opening their wallets to get a tiny bit more progress is worthwhile, the more they make. I’m glad I’m patient.

mykdapet
      New Novice

It is, but with kyro's they squeezed the thing too tight.

500 kyro's, more or less, to G13 any new character. Yeah, there were bottlenecks before, but you didn't need 500 of them. It was maybe 150-200.  It's one thing to have a bottleneck, it's quite another to choke it so tightly. 

The game has pulled in a ton of cash over the years, they're well into the black, but greed knows no bounds....clearly.  Crank that 500 back to say 200 and you still have a bottleneck, but things can actually flow a bit for those who are burning cash like it's going out of style...

ZanirN7S
        New Novice

Almost every new marquee since when DR and Malak arrived (in 2019) requires 400 kyros to get to G13. There have been exceptions to the rule, with some marquees taking fewer kyros (IG11 and Kuiil only need 100 each, I think Resistance Heroes are 300 each) and some taking more (Armorer and Saw Gerrera need 500). This is not a new thing. We've all had 4 years to adjust. 

You get more kyros thank you think. We have 8 Assault Battles that award 20 kyros, that's 160. You get 3 each day from the daily feats box, that's another 90. Then we have kyro drops from TB end rewards + what you can buy for GET2/3 + Zeffo and Mandalore boxes. 

I geared up the 4 gungan marquees from zero to G13 in July to qualify for JJB in August. Thst's 1600 kyros right there. I rarely ever buy kyros for crystals (usually if I have a toon at G12 just waiting for some kyros to hit G13, I'll spend 700 crystals to buy 25 pieces). The majority of my kyros come from events and TB currency and I can usually gear up 3 or 4 post-DR marquees in a month. 

Just Zeffo and Mandalore (assuming you get both boxes on each planet in each TB) get you 140 kyros per TB, so 280 a month. 

That doesn't account for kyros you can farm up with regular energy. Even if it's 1-3 a day, it adds up over time. 

Your problem is bad resource management in a resource management game. 

EdSolo75
    Rising Rookie

These will be the bottleneck for quite some time.  I'm down to 69 toons not yet to g13, so that is a minimum of 6900 kyros that I need, plus what ever extras for my under g12 toons.  That is quite a few, especially with the rate they are adding toons at this point.  I feel that we have gotten to the point that R5 is the minimum "safe" place for a toon to be.  Just look at the GL Ahsoka requirements released so far:  two R9, one R8, three R7, and two R5.  Hence why R5 has become a minimum place to take a toon to avoid massive panic farming.

• Some characters require less kyrotechs because they either were added before kyrotechs was a thing or when it was very new. So General Kenobi for instance can be taken to G12 before needing kyrotechs while a new character might only be able to go to G9 before needing kyros since they are newer. There was a time where carbantis was at the same bottleneck as kyrotech was, but as the game progresses new gear/relics will come that will replace that bottleneck and kyrotechs will be easier to get. This game is all about bottlenecks so thats just what it is unfortunately. If you just play every day you will eventually start to "catch up" on stuff like kyrotechs.

Rius_975518199
    Seasoned Traveler

It also depends on where your at in the game, Kyros was a massive bottle neck for me. My most common spend was the Kyro packs. But once your Kyro economy improves in later game, it’s not as big an issue even when working on the latest characters with high relic requirements. Now my relic scrap and sigils are more of a bottle neck, and I have not purchased a Kyro pack in months. More likely to spend on conquest pass now.

Range1974
    Seasoned Novice

Remember when the bottleneck was carbanis? The good old days 

heateris_yavin
      Rising Novice

Carbanis can still be a pain. I just geared up Paz, MQJ, and POW. They needed 900 combined. Now Luthen needs 500.

Surgical_dan
        New Traveler

These and some of the new imperial remnant caught me off guard too in a big hit. Thankfully I had a Mk 1 currency stash, but now I need to replenish it!

Knewonce
      Seasoned Novice

I remember when they were stun guns. Carbantis have always been just behind the main bottleneck for me.