Forum Discussion

AtuinTheGreat
New Traveler
3 hours ago

GAC squish

Yet again, another season began and another massive squish has been done.

Now, it's not only me losing another 60+ points, it's also the size of K1 - at the beginning of previous season there were 2084 players in K1, and now there are 1749 players - 12.5% less.

Please CG_Meathead , take a look at it. This issue is really frustrating.

• The shrinking of K1 is the result of the algorithm. As we previously determined, the algorithm pushes all players with the squish to a target that seems to be in the upper part of k2. Unless the algorithm is changed, in the long run, all players would end there and k1 would be empty at the start of the season and then players that win the first round are in k1. So it is working as designed, not sure it is working as intended. 
    In abstract form, the squish calculates your distance from the target (here in upper k2) and the farther you are from it, the higher the adjustment is to push you in direction of the target. So if you are above the target, you get pushed down, if you are below the target, you get pushed up.

AtuinTheGreat
      New Traveler

That's an interesting theory. Did CG officially publish that or stand behind that? 

Anyway, even if that to be true, the algorithm doesn't work properly - during the last 6 months I ended up in mid-upper K2 and got squished by approximately 70 points, being pulled to low K2

• Well, the target was an assumption from the reports I have seen. Could be, that it is actually lower. As it seems now, it is lower than k3. But there was a long discussion in the old forum about it where the data was pretty conclusive on the way the algorithm works.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,385 PostsLatest Activity: 4 minutes ago