Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
New Veteran
2 years ago

Those were the days...

So a long time ago I ran a Discord server for my guild. It died with that guild and I didn't touch it for a long time. But I found a new use for it (holding all the info related to Reva I've been developing) and am now poking through this old thing discovering things I said 6 and 7 years ago.

The funniest thing to me so far is this, when talking about which toons to develop for R2 (which meant which toons to develop for the Palp event so he could participate in the R2 event):

Now, obviously most of the game is played outside of ships, but if the game were only about ships, then what that means is that you would want Biggs to be your highest-level, best geared toon of all your pilots. Fortunately, Biggs is also a beast in GW, so throwing a ton of stars, levels & gear at Biggs won't be wasted in the rest of the game.

"A beast in GW." That's so hilarious now, not least because I was so obviously trying to be helpful to my guild mate then. That was really my honest assessment of what to gear next for Palp.

Anyway, longtimers will laugh, I hope, and you young whippersnappers will probably just say, What the heck?
  • IG-86 was a monster! Serious damage out of that guy at level 65. I leaned on him pretty heavily.
  • "MaruMaru;c-2408620" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2408619" wrote:
    "MasterSeedy;c-2408612" wrote:
    IG-86 was a monster! Serious damage out of that guy at level 65. I leaned on him pretty heavily.

Impossible

The default droid team was amazing for arena and was one of the first meta/counter metas. Then they released clones and rex was probably a consideration to bury this team and incentivize spending for clones....besides his rancor importance. When jawa engineer was released droids made a comeback which lasted around 6 months for me I think. Droids always held a special place in my heart because of that initial team catapulting me to daily crystal income. I was doing a bit with poe lead team beforehand, but that wasn't consistent against whales of the time and arena was super active.

I have a r9 86 on my alt, i was just joking.
  • "MaruMaru;c-2408631" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2408629" wrote:
    "MaruMaru;c-2408620" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2408619" wrote:
    IG-86 was a monster! Serious damage out of that guy at level 65. I leaned on him pretty heavily.

Impossible

The default droid team was amazing for arena and was one of the first meta/counter metas. Then they released clones and rex was probably a consideration to bury this team and incentivize spending for clones....besides his rancor importance. When jawa engineer was released droids made a comeback which lasted around 6 months for me I think. Droids always held a special place in my heart because of that initial team catapulting me to daily crystal income. I was doing a bit with poe lead team beforehand, but that wasn't consistent against whales of the time and arena was super active.

Whoah, that's crazy.

To be faaiiiiiirrrrrrrrr I took it to R7, then played the alt seriously for a while, then pretty much gave it up and only did R9 with saved crystals to be the first person to have one lol.

https://swgoh.gg/p/926761324/characters/
  • "TVF;c-2408632" wrote:
    "MaruMaru;c-2408631" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2408629" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2408619" wrote:

Impossible

Whoah, that's crazy.

To be faaiiiiiirrrrrrrrr I took it to R7, then played the alt seriously for a while, then pretty much gave it up and only did R9 with saved crystals to be the first person to have one lol.

You should upgrade the arrow on 86 to have 100%.
  • "YodasAdoy;c-2408638" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2408632" wrote:
    "MaruMaru;c-2408631" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2408629" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2408619" wrote:

Impossible

Whoah, that's crazy.

You should upgrade the arrow on 86 to have 100%.

Eh not worth logging in again ;)
  • Pretty impressive how far this game has come and how long it's lasted, tbh. Cool stuff.
  • https://youtu.be/KiTXxmbefO8
    One of my oldest video I could find
    Zumwan2
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I remember when my Arena team was Luminara lead jedi, and after that HK-47 with random droids including IG-86.
  • "MasterSeedy;c-2408612" wrote:

Impossible
  • I still remember the first meta about Poe. It is really about whose Poe get to move first.