Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Tie Breaker Update

Can we get an update, or at least confirmation that something is still being looked at for tie breakers in TW?

I say this because our guild (125m GP) had about 10 people that only set defensive teams and didn't even attack, or only attacked once. I want to make sure CG knows that if there are less ties happening now, it is not because the problem is fixed. it is because they have created apathy towards the content that was just released.
  • THE issue I have is draws. If the game crashes it give the opponent a draw. That’s a good as a win for them. Should be a loss for us instead so that someone on your team can try to beat that battle. Soooooo lame.
  • "Sewpot;c-1395935" wrote:
    THE issue I have is draws. If the game crashes it give the opponent a draw. That’s a good as a win for them. Should be a loss for us instead so that someone on your team can try to beat that battle. Soooooo lame.

That's a bug though. I've had connection losses (and draws) before, but a guildy could still take that team down for 10 banners afterwards.
  • Moved to better sub forum.

You can always work on strategy. I know it seems hopeless to break the tie but it is possible.

I wouldn't count on any updates until they have something working in the pipeline.
  • 1 banner for a defensive win. Encourage the behavior of setting the strongest defense you can with limited slots.
  • "PremierVenoth;c-1396035" wrote:
    1 banner for a defensive win. Encourage the behavior of setting the strongest defense you can with limited slots.

One could think that leaving strong teams for offence would be the way to go, since you don't want to give the enemy guild banners when you need multiple teams to defeat their defence. If they're not going full defence now, i don't think defence win banners would encourage them either.
    Defence win banners would make the game mode that much more complicated, i'm not a fan. More defence slots for 120m+ guilds is a far better sollution imo.
  • "leef;c-1396200" wrote:
    "PremierVenoth;c-1396035" wrote:
    1 banner for a defensive win. Encourage the behavior of setting the strongest defense you can with limited slots.

One could think that leaving strong teams for offence would be the way to go, since you don't want to give the enemy guild banners when you need multiple teams to defeat their defence. If they're not going full defence now, i don't think defence win banners would encourage them either.
    Defence win banners would make the game mode that much more complicated, i'm not a fan. More defence slots for 120m+ guilds is a far better sollution imo.

Maybe, from a straight, fix it, angle, maybe - but I and others don't want/need to do more battles on a day. The nice thing about current TW is it's ultimately a very low time input event. Single wave battles FTW.

How about 5 Banners for a win + 1 banner for each living attacker at end of fight? Chances are someones gonna lose a toon or two on offense at some point. If there is a tie even then - then it's pretty deserving of what it is.
  • I was a proponent for something to fix ties, but my guild has won 3/4 TW now. I think the first guild played to tie, and that was the problem. My guild is JUST top 50 in GP. Which puts us almost at 130mil GP.

People are starting to realize no one wins if you play for a strong offense and a weak defense. And thus, strategy is born.

I don’t want to see a larger set of slots for defense, I already feel spread thin and things have gone well without the increase.
  • "Hovahdo;c-1400315" wrote:
    128m guild here. 3 wins, no loses,1 tie. If you're getting a lot of ties, grow a pair and set some stronger defenses.

This x 10000000000