Forum Discussion

2 years ago

TW Minimum Banners

The relatively recent addition of minimum banners to Territory Wars has been less than stellar for my schedule. I usually play in the morning when there is between 4-6 hours left before the next phase. On defense, this almost always means all of the defensive spots are already filled. Come the offensive phase, I've missed out on rewards entirely for a few different reasons. Either I'm left with an assortment of teams that have remained unbeatable up to this point, and as a mid level player without GLs I hit a brick wall as well, or my guild has already completely wiped out the opponent.

At this point, I've probably missed out on 4 or so sets of rewards and I've seen plenty of other ends the TW with under 50 banners. I brought it up in chat and most people weren't even aware of this change.

I don't really grasp how putting literally any two teams on defense, regardless of whether they're actually appropriate teams to use on defense, is worthy of participation rewards compared to throwing your entire roster on offense at the enemy team without taking much ground being rewarded with nothing.

It's pretty annoying when you can even be the one to come in and win the TW for your guild and still not get rewards because your third win was pretty messy so you only got 47 banners.

This seems like it's more just going to deincentivize participation on offense. Like oh I don't see myself managing 50 banners. Guess I'll just not do anything even though I definitely have a counter to those couple teams there. And yeah, the guild could coordinate more, but plenty of guilds are fairly casual and don't want to have to do that. It seems like this is a some sort of arbitrary protection against people leeching off of guilds, but for a casual guild like my own, we don't really care about that sort of thing. I'd rather our members that have no chance of contributing on offense get the rewards so they can start catching up.