Forum Discussion

7 years ago

TW setting defense

Why aren't able to change or remove a defensive team after setting it? I know I can't be the only especially with fleets that placed a wrong ship. Biggs & Wedge look the same and clone ships look the same
  • "Poxx;c-1596054" wrote:
    "TVF;c-1596014" wrote:
    +1

I can't think of a single reason to not allow this fix.

Setting a fleet...or any team...is strategy. Time, planning and forethought are involved. Punishing those that make hasty decisions and dont take the time to double-check seems legit.

"You will pay for your lack of vision" --- Palpatine

That's silly.

• I was just going to mention this. It can be easy for someone to accidentally fat finger and enter the wrong toon into a squad, and then bad luck your stuck with it. I see this quite a bit. Surely if you correct it before the attack phase it wouldn't have an impact. Maybe it's harder for them to program it that way?
  • "CLSJedi;d-171421" wrote:
    Biggs & Wedge look the same and clone ships look the same

You can long press any ship to make sure it's the right one before setting it.
  • "TVF;c-1596014" wrote:
    +1

Setting a fleet...or any team...is strategy. Time, planning and forethought are involved. Punishing those that make hasty decisions and dont take the time to double-check seems legit.

• "TVF;c-1596014" wrote:
    When does it stop? Will people ask to be able to undo an attack where they used a basic instead of a special?

Slippery slope argument, and a poor one at that.
    YKMisfit
    New Spectator
    "Poxx;c-1596054" wrote:
    "TVF;c-1596014" wrote:
    +1

I'm actually on board with being able to change a squad all the way up to the end of the setup phase, but I liked the Palpatine quote, and now agree that it should stay as is.

:p
  • "BubbaFett;c-1596522" wrote:
    You do know you can pre-build squads and just drop them in in TW right?

Yes of course.

You've never made a mistake before? Lots of you here apparently.
  • I pre-build all my squads. I once put my CLS squad in the wrong territory. It happens. What's the harm in letting people undo this? It affects nothing.