Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Understanding mods

Hi, new to forum and been playing game for a short time. I am having some trouble understanding mods. I went to a site crouching ranch or and it had a discussion/chart called mods master list helper. It mentioned sets and arrow,square etc. I do not understand, do I get the set it indicates for the char or do I put an offence mod in the square etc that it mentions. Appreciate the help.
  • it doesn't matter where you equip the sets, as long as you got a complete set. 4 speed, 2 crit chance for example. Whether the arrow is a crit chance mod type or a speed mod type doesn't matter.
    An offence mod in the square means that they advice you to equip a offence primary mod on the square slot, regardless of what mod set it belongs to. The square is a bad example since it always has a offence primary. The arrow for example has multiple possible primary stats, so it's possible to equip an offence set arrow with a speed primary, wich in most cases is better than an offence set arrow with an offence primary.
    the primary stat increase is the one at the top, the other 4 are secondaries.
  • Thanks. So I can equip an offence mod to the arrow (event they recommend crit chance) so long as I get the set right they recommend e.g 4 offence and 2 crit chance?.
  • "RogerRamjet;c-1181151" wrote:
    Thanks. So I can equip an offence mod to the arrow (event they recommend crit chance) so long as I get the set right they recommend e.g 4 offence and 2 crit chance?.

They give 2 types of advice on that website; mod sets and mod primaries for each shape.
    for mod sets it doesn't matter on what shape you equip wich type as long as you equip a full set.
    The primaries are tied to the shape. So when you see a shape in combination with a stat, it always means the primary, not the mod set type.
    If you're confused about what the mod set type is, and what the primary is, here's an example:
    https://i.redditmedia.com/swI-D1o8Nbt-ODFKB0fYofgsXtCEcaQkRuq-6F4n5jI.jpg?w=1024&s=905795652bb7b218911da428c86e0fc8
    mod set/type: health
    primary: crit damage

• Hey, thanks for that, I always thought he health mod was only a health mod