Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Unstable Batteries Not Working Right

Anybody else having this issue? Droids are blowing up (Unstable Batteries triggering) without doing the big damage (80% Max Health) and Burning on enemies.

Anybody else having this issue?

@CG_SBCrumb can you check on this?
  • "Val_Galahadred;c-1857739" wrote:
    "yohann269;c-1857677" wrote:
    "Val_Galahadred;c-1857596" wrote:
    Some additional information. It might be related to an interaction with Thermal Detonators. Thermal Detonators explode, causing damage to a Droid on the attacking team. Unstable Batteries happens to trigger, which destroys the Droid, but for some reason it doesn't trigger the damage and burning to the enemy team.

@CG_SBCrumb

What was the full team you were using and facing?

Resistance (JTR, BB-8, Finn, Scavenger, and Trooper) against Bounty Hunters (Bossk, Boba, Dengar, Zam, and Cad Bane).

Dengar used Mini-Mine Mayhem, and Zam used See What Sticks on their first turns. Those Thermal Detonators explode in the next turn or so (maybe even triggered by Zam's basic) and my BB-8 explodes. No issues with that, as it was a risk I was ready for. However, when he blew up, Unstable Batteries did zero damage (or Burning) to the opposing team. None whatsoever.

Several guild mates had a similar experience when using their JTR + BB-8 squads against the Bounty Hunter wall. Not all did, but one wouldn't expect Unstable Batteries to trigger every time, since there is only a 15% chance for it to do so. However, when it does trigger, it should work as advertised in the event description.

Detonators kill BB8 outright. It wasn't because your BB8 decides to blow up
  • Unstable batteries worked great for us today won Tw for us . Suicide droids rule
  • Same, I had K2 and R2 go BOOM 3 or 4 times, never did damage to enemies. ALSO, you are not supposed to be able to revive them, but Jyn E. can and did. I revived K2 three times in the same game, but then he died on every hit that game.... so... unstable batteries is totally unstable....
  • "PlanetOfRedDevil;c-1858685" wrote:

Detonators kill BB8 outright. It wasn't because your BB8 decides to blow up

I doubt it was that, since TDs from Zam only remove 30% of targets max health, and TD's from Dengar remove just 20%. BB-8 hadn't been hit with anything else, and was at more-or-less full H&P otherwise, so he should have had plenty of H&P left after losing 50% max health when the first set detonated.

• Go watch “Do the right thing” and Radio Raheem will help you with your battery problem.
  • I think the issue is that for purposes of initiating the ability, TDs are being considered an "attack", yet when it comes time to do the massive damage and inflict burning, they are NOT considered. So your Droid just nukes itself because of the TD, but doesn't actually do the benefit to the nuking.