Forum Discussion

DarthCha0s13
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Wat Tank Tech Issues

Anyone else seeing that placing tank tech on a non-tank doesn’t make tanks taunt anymore?
  • It's always only worked on tanks that have protection for me. What was the exact scenario you had, team-wise.
  • "DarthCha0s13;d-260044" wrote:
    Anyone else seeing that placing tank tech on a non-tank doesn’t make tanks taunt anymore?

Why would it? You have to put it on a tank.
  • Pretty sure TVF meant you have to put it on a tank (to make them taunt).

There are plenty of cases where you would use it on a non-tank, generally for the debuff cleanse at the start of turn.

But only those with the tank tag will ever taunt, it has always been that way.
  • "TVF;c-2392145" wrote:
    "DarthCha0s13;d-260044" wrote:

Slkr/see?
  • "John_Matrix1985;c-2392152" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2392145" wrote:

Slkr/see?

SEE is immune to taunt effects.
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2392158" wrote:
    I’m reading OP’s posts as though the tanks in the lineup don’t taunt when you give tank tech to a non tank.

E.g. if you have SEE, Wat, Sith Empire Trooper and give tank tech to SEE, then Sith Empire Trooper won’t taunt any more.

I'm reading it as the OP thinks once any unit has the tech, all Tanks should taunt (from the effects of the tech), which isn't correct.
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2392155" wrote:
    "BobaFettish86;c-2392154" wrote:
    "John_Matrix1985;c-2392152" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2392145" wrote:

Slkr/see?

SEE is immune to taunt effects.

Yes, but he’s answering why a player might put Tank tech on a non-Tank.

Putting Tank tech on SLKR or SEE is common practice to clear their debuffs.

I understand that, but the original question was asking why taunts don't apply to them, which wouldn't work on SEE.
  • OP claimed if you put tank tech on a non-tank then your tanks should taunt, and furthermore, that it used to happen and now it doesn't. Both are incorrect.