Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Why do Tie breakers in GAC go to highest GP?

This doesn't make any sense, if I'm able to fight a guy to a tie but he's got over 1 million GP over me why does he get the win? It should go to lowest GP! What reason, other then they just wanna give an edge to people who probably paid more, is there that the dude who was given the advantage in matchmaking by going against a weaker opponent get the advantage AGAIN in the tie breaker
  • "CCyrilS;c-2258094" wrote:
    "Adamklark;c-2257901" wrote:
    "th3evo;c-2257867" wrote:
    "DarjeloSalas;c-2257865" wrote:
    The thing I don’t like about the tiebreaker system is that it settles the outcome based on something that wasn’t used in the match itself.

It would be much better if the GP used on defence, offence or both combined was used. That way every decision the player made would have contributed to the outcome of the tie.

You go in the match with your whole roster. Just because you decided not to use some characters doesn't mean that they aren't part of the match. If a hockey players sits on the bench for the whole match he is still part of the match.
    I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

I do not necessary agree with this analogy, just because there are extras, they did not affect the match at all. The player with more GP might have extra points from gearing up Tuskens, should that be awarded compared to lower GP player who managed his roster more efficiently and focused on the 'good' teams and overcame a challange with less number of available teams?

If you get what i am trying to say.

If you have a better and more efficient roster, why did you only tie? It may only seem better to you, but by not winning, I think you just proved it is not.

?
  • I like it when I win a tie break by higher gp, because I have done that on purpose. It is a choice you can make. Grow your gp and you win. That is exactly what the devs want. Grow and win.

I also grow my gp for tb. There is no reason not to grow your gp. The devs definitely don't want do give you a reason to not grow.

You know the rules, now work to them.
  • "CCyrilS;c-2258177" wrote:
    "Adamklark;c-2258171" wrote:
    "CCyrilS;c-2258094" wrote:
    The thing I don’t like about the tiebreaker system is that it settles the outcome based on something that wasn’t used in the match itself.

It would be much better if the GP used on defence, offence or both combined was used. That way every decision the player made would have contributed to the outcome of the tie.

You go in the match with your whole roster. Just because you decided not to use some characters doesn't mean that they aren't part of the match. If a hockey players sits on the bench for the whole match he is still part of the match.

I do not necessary agree with this analogy, just because there are extras, they did not affect the match at all. The player with more GP might have extra points from gearing up Tuskens, should that be awarded compared to lower GP player who managed his roster more efficiently and focused on the 'good' teams and overcame a challange with less number of available teams?

If you have a better and more efficient roster, why did you only tie? It may only seem better to you, but by not winning, I think you just proved it is not.

?

what part is difficult?

what you wrote, possible to get a tie, especially if you get paired with a whale who has more high end teams and you manage to at least tie (which is an achievement on its own) , in that situation the lower GP player would deserve the win. other times you are the higher GP player because bloated GP from old teams and get some focused player who started later. just read back what I have been commenting
  • "Adamklark;c-2258203" wrote:
    "CCyrilS;c-2258177" wrote:
    "Adamklark;c-2258171" wrote:
    "CCyrilS;c-2258094" wrote:

?

what part is difficult?

what you wrote, possible to get a tie, especially if you get paired with a whale who has more high end teams and you manage to at least tie (which is an achievement on its own) , in that situation the lower GP player would deserve the win. other times you are the higher GP player because bloated GP from old teams and get some focused player who started later. just read back what I have been commenting

"Deserve"

Based on what? Lower investment? Good way to get people collect in a collection game.
  • "TVF;c-2258520" wrote:
    "Nikoms565;c-2258515" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258296" wrote:
    Just make everyone mad.

I've finally decoded TVF's mission statement. ;)

Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

unless you get fired
  • "Gifafi;c-2258522" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258520" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258296" wrote:
    Just make everyone mad.

unless you get fired

Getting fired doesn't matter if you already aren't getting paid.
  • "TVF;c-2258568" wrote:
    "Gifafi;c-2258522" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258520" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258296" wrote:
    Just make everyone mad.

unless you get fired

Checks not in the mail?
  • "Kyno;c-2258800" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258568" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258520" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258296" wrote:
    Just make everyone mad.

unless you get fired

Checks not in the mail?

Slowest mail delivery ever.
  • "TVF;c-2258826" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2258800" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258568" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258520" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2258296" wrote:
    Just make everyone mad.

unless you get fired

Checks not in the mail?

Slowest mail delivery ever.

Bentwookie still waiting on a hat... :/