Forum Discussion

joeb8881
New Spectator
6 years ago

Zeta mats from ships.

I haven't had a single zeta mat drop from ship challenges since December 30th. That's 12 attemps made. Anyone else having that issue?
  • "HK22;c-1748457" wrote:
    I am currently sitting at 0/16 for the last four ship challenges.

What ship challenges give zeta mats? I only know of one (the building mats one) and as far as I know you only get two sims per challenge (I don't have the zeta level unlocked yet). So for four challenges I would think you only get 8 attempts.

• The average drop rate for the top tier is slightly higher than 50% (1 zeta mat per 2 sims).
    The average drop rate for the second highest tier is about 33% (1 zeta mat per 3 sims).

(Yes, that's from a high number of tracked sims)
  • I haven't seen that tracked data but the ~50% feels about right to me, I do probably average about 1 zeta mat per each of the three days.

I see people say they haven't gotten a single mat in 6 weeks and I'm highly skeptical.
  • Recently, I went almost three weeks with 0 drops. Then i got 2, 1, 3, and then 2 on the next four events. Normally, I seem to get one per event.
  • I got two today. I normally get 1-3, just hang in there. I have the bad luck on omega pieces. I do notice that as I approach the magic number the rng seems to slow down to where I get 1 or none per fight. Same with toon shards and gear. I think it's their algorithm, makes you consider money/crystal spending to get over that hump. It's strictly business.