Forum Discussion

8 years ago

A new ships meta?

With the Phoenix ships becoming farmable, what do you think the new ships meta might look like? It would be good to get more variety, that's for sure. Here's how I'm predicting this will work out:

• Stealth fleet: Phoenix ships, Bistan's U-Wing, Geonosian Spy, Scimitar, and if Cassian's U-Wing becomes farmable with the new game mode, then that too... I think the best fleet commander would be Ackbar since most of the ships are rebel, and Biggs would do well in that team
  • Empire: probably the most used right now, at least the top of my leaderboard is full of this. TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced, FO TIE, obviously Tarkin as commander. Biggs is yet again strong in this fleet with all the target locks going up from Empire ships. Could/will be further improved if TIE Reaper and Gauntlet become farmable
  • Republic fleet: Mace as commander, with largely Jedi and clone ships. That said I run this myself and since it relies heavily on target lock it's a mixed team including TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced to apply target lock and Scimitar not only applies target lock automatically but also pairs nicely with 5's Starfighter

Although it will be good to see more variety in ship arena, I think there's still an issue with Biggs being a must include in all fleets. He pairs too well with the target lock mechanic (Empire/Republic fleets) and a reliable taunt will be critical for a stealth fleet, not to mention he pairs well with Ackbar who is likely the fleet commander for that line-up. Scimitar is the other ship that's also looking like it will be important in all fleets.

That list is also my prediction on a rough ranking - stealth fleet (a new fleet) being best, Empire in second place, Republic third best - although I do hope the ship arena stays similar to how it is now, that it is reasonably well balanced and (barring horrible luck) any human controlled fleet played well can beat any AI fleet of similar power.

Thoughts?
    • "Boreas;c-1154526" wrote:
      Well, for a meta, ships lack a lot of content to choose from, the options are too limited, first I'd like to see all factions having capital and at least 8 - 9 non capital ships, enough for a full fleet. then decide which is viable.

3 viable squads as a meta for ship arena would be about the same level of variety as squad arena is now :)
    • Endurance capital
      Tie advanced
      Tie fighter
      First order tie
      Fives

Reinforcements:
      Jedi counselor
      Sun fac
      Genosian soldier

You'll hardly drop in rank.
    • "JinSaotome;c-1154676" wrote:
      Endurance capital
      Tie advanced
      Tie fighter
      First order tie
      Fives

Reinforcements:
      Jedi counselor
      Sun fac
      Genosian soldier

Running only 4 ships at the onset is a bold move.
    • "KyloJarJarBinks;c-1154682" wrote:
      "JinSaotome;c-1154676" wrote:
      Endurance capital
      Tie advanced
      Tie fighter
      First order tie
      Fives

Reinforcements:
      Jedi counselor
      Sun fac
      Genosian soldier

That's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.
    • "TheShadow1983;c-1154732" wrote:
      "KyloJarJarBinks;c-1154682" wrote:
      "JinSaotome;c-1154676" wrote:
      Endurance capital
      Tie advanced
      Tie fighter
      First order tie
      Fives

Reinforcements:
      Jedi counselor
      Sun fac
      Genosian soldier

That's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.

Dodgeball +100
    • My ship shard looks like this. 14 maces in top 50, 3 Tarkin's and the rest Ackbar, and I have been playing since August so was here when ships were first introduced.

My fleet of Ackbar, Tie Advanced, Biggs, Fives, Slave 1, Imperial Tie Fighter with Schmitar, Wedge, Jedi Consular works well for me, but I am curious about switching to a different fleet commander at some point, and seeing if the Phoenix ships can find a place in my lineup so I will begin farming them. I can beat anyone on offense without trouble, but I am kind of tired of everyone sniping each other in the last few minutes as if we all fail hard on defense. I'd like to get better defensively.
    • Specifically interested in people's thoughts on the viability of a stealth fleet, and which fleet commander to use.

Lineup would be something like this:

Ackbar (L)
      Starting 5: Ghost, Phantom, Bistan's U-wing, Geonosian Spy, Biggs
      Subs: Scimitar (love having him come in off the bench), probably Sun Fac, not sure about a third...

Thoughts?

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago