Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Ackbar Lead??

I was really excited about the Ackbar lead, so I leveled him to G11 and stuck him in charge of zCLS, zzR2D2, zHan, and Old Ben (I replaced zBarriss with him and made him the leader, taking it away from Cmdr Luke).

I fell in Arena instantly and horribly.

I've tried various iterations (leave zBarriss in, take out Old Ben or zzR2; throw Leia in the mix) but nothing works.

My question is: am I getting attacked with Ackbar lead because he's still purple-geared and people perceive him as weaker? And THAT'S why his leadership doesn't seem effective? Or is his leadership totally ineffective? I feel like I've seen people at the top of my shard with an Ackbar lead (not many, true, but some). I don't have Hermit Yoda and my GK isn't geared up enough yet, so that might be it?

As soon as I return to CLS (L), Han, R2, Barris, Old Ben, I shoot back up into the double digits easily. It's discouraging me from working so hard on this Ackbar lead idea. What's the word, people? Is there any way to make it work? It *feels* smoother and more useful... I love all the extra attacks and how it doesn't feel like a wasted turn to have Han buff us or Ben to taunt... but the proof is in the pudding and it's Loser Pudding for the moment.

thanks for your input!
SamUX
  • @SamuraiUX
    If i were to attack your team, i would stun old ben first.
    Then the battle is over. Anyone with raid han or nightsisters or a stun faster than your old ben would beat you in a heartbeat.
  • "Mobewan;c-1430549" wrote:
    @SamuraiUX
    Then the battle is over. Anyone with raid han or nightsisters or a stun faster than your old ben would beat you in a heartbeat.

You mean, without Zarriss in the mix? Or even with?
    I'm working on Thrawn right now, I hear he's a good addition (who would I take out?).
  • "Mobewan;c-1430522" wrote:
    @DedrickRogue

Let me summarize and end this back and forth.

I am encouraging the OP to find a better mix of toons that will give better defense. Other people have shown more solid teams in this thread that seem to hold better on defense with Akbar lead.
    And most people i know make max jumps unless they have a weaker team and have trouble beating the guy at max jumps.

You are telling him that anything new he tries will get targeted regardless of how good the defense is.

Lets agree to disagree.

EDIT:
    You wrote that most players " target anything that deviates from the pack."
    Who are you to judge the thoughts and feelings of others?

Jesus dude, I was completely content going on about my day, not replying, and leaving this thread alone to get back on topic. Why bother saying you want to end the back and forth, and "let's agree to disagree" just to edit in some catty question to me in the same post? If you want to drop it, don't continue bickering and ask ostentatious questions especially when.....
    "Mobewan;c-1430522" wrote:
    EDIT:
    You wrote that most players " target anything that deviates from the pack."
    Who are you to judge the thoughts and feelings of others?

"Mobewan;c-1430374" wrote:
    You are NOT dropping because "people are tired of fighting the same CLS squads".....People climbing for payouts are making max jumps......Noone is going to risk needing a refresh to make a short jump to you "because you're different" instead of a max jump.....People may be tempted to try out your team, sure....

.....you are doing the exact same thing. You are speculating about why the OP is getting attacked more and why the attackers picked the OP specifically.

And the best part of all, you felt the need to go back and edit in your rediculous question of "Who are you to judge the thoughts and feelings of others?" when.....
    "SamuraiUX;d-154946" wrote:

.......My question is: am I getting attacked with Ackbar lead because he's still purple-geared and people perceive him as weaker? And THAT'S why his leadership doesn't seem effective? Or is his leadership totally ineffective?......

....speculating on others' motives in attacking his new team more then his old is literally what this thread was about. The OP asking for OPINIONS on why he was dropping more, and getting targeted more often now then with his carbon-copy CLS team.

What makes you so pretentious that you come into a thread asking for speculation on others motives and immediately be like 'Nope, you're wrong, because everyone does this thing I say, for this the exact reason I say, and there is zero deviation from this because I'm right. So there....'??

FAKE EDIT:
    Note, this is a rhetorical question. I'm not interested in your response or answer because I am dropping this, I've spent too long already and have zero interest giving up anymore of my time to Woodroward's alt forum account.
  • "SamuraiUX;c-1430669" wrote:
    "Mobewan;c-1430549" wrote:
    @SamuraiUX

You mean, without Zarriss in the mix? Or even with?
    I'm working on Thrawn right now, I hear he's a good addition (who would I take out?).

I dont think zbariss is that strong without GK lead DN and thrawn. Especially now with JTR heal immunity.

I think GK is a better tank than OB due to his autotaunt.

Other than that, you need some big threats in there like Wampa maybe. Or a setup with CLS and Raid Han, who are both dangerous. Thrawn is always dangerous. The more big threats you have, combined with an autotaunt like GK, the more difficult it will be for opponents to decide who to stun on your team. CleverWes suggested a possible good team as well.
  • Ackbar (L), CLS, fast Hermit Yoda, fast BB8 and GK - thats your best setup for Ackbar lead - even on D the AI uses BB8´s first special all the time. You are getting tons of extra attacks. Just be sure to raise Ackbars damage output. He can crit on basic for 8-9k if setup correctly.
  • @SamuraiUX I’ve used that lead recently and dominated my shard. Your problem is you have too many rebels. I’d just do Ackbar, cls so cls gets more attacks = more damage and people die quickly.

You could add any of these toons to make this team really effective: GK, Thrawn, HY, JTR & BB8
  • I attack Ackbar lead teams for the ez win all the time, the ONLY one that has beaten me has godly mods and HYoda

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago