Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Admiral Ackbar lead w old ben

So i just ran a video of ackbar lead w old ben and he does not call for an assist when he does mind trick. Why would this not trigger an assist attack when both heras call to action and ezras watch and learn call for an assist even tho they attack and cause damage?
  • Debuffing counts as an attack. While Hera's and Ezra's specials only trigger an attack and are not an attack as such
  • If debuffing counts as an attack why doesnt it trigger a counter attack from toons w counter
  • It is seen as an aggressive move, same as Cassian's shock grenade.
    @LiamTheWise it is not an attack per se, but it is an offence move vs the other team hence the lead of Akbar effect does not trigger
  • Hera and Ezra are calling assists, they are not actually attacking, so they get an additional assist from Ackbar lead. Also, since they are assists, they cannot be countered, even though Ezra eventually attacks. Such is the advantage of using Phoenix squad.

I agree though, Old Ben should trigger an assist.
  • Doesn't cassians attack cause damage on the target enemy tho? Just asking bc i thought it did
  • "Magulama;c-1298829" wrote:
    @LiamTheWise it doesn't

I Just figured bc there is explosions lol thanks. And that wont call for an assist either?
  • "LiamTheWise;c-1298803" wrote:
    If debuffing counts as an attack why doesnt it trigger a counter attack from toons w counter

This is a good question. The description of the attack explicitly calls it an attack: "This attack can't be evaded."

I think the answer lies in the mechanics of counter-attack, which don't seem to be spelled out anywhere. Seems that counter-attack only triggers when damage is dealt (not on any and all attacks) by a character during their own turn (not on assists) and the counter is not specifically blocked by any debuffs/abilities.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago