Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Admiral Ackbar Rework

In the era of relics now, most characters have a definite substantial boost to their overall performance, through armor & health increases, and overall damage gains, aside from bonus stat increases for a definite change of pace of how the game is played. Of course the current Meta will need to see a large shift before any sort of new top characters are seen, but nonetheless older characters I believe can still be reworked into being effective units of competitiveness for the future to come. I believe characters like Mace Windu amongst others are in desperate need of some love to be more effective with today's current patterns, but today I'd like to take a look at Admiral Ackbar's kit and how to possibly make him more of a force to be reckoned with as a reworked Galactic Republic and Rebel leader brimming with exciting possibility and potential to another Legendary Character of the franchise.

Break down of current abilities & suggested reworks:

(Quickshot) - Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 55% chance to gain 45% turn meter.

(It's a Trap!) - Dispel all negative status effects from all allies. Each ally recovers 9% of their max Health for each effect dispelled this way. Admiral Ackbar has a 25% chance to gain 40% turn meter.

(Tactical Genius) - Ackbar grants each ally the (Tactical Genius) effect. The first ally to us a special ability while they have this effect, gains 100% turn meter and recovers 30% of their max health. (Tactical Genius) end whenever any ally triggers this effect or at the end of Ackbars turn.

(Rebel Coordination) - Rebel allies have +25 speed and +10% tenacity. In addition, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Rebel ally to assist.

The potential Rework:

(Quickshot) - Deal physical damage to target enemy with 65% chance to gain 45% turn meter. In addition grant 30% bonus protection up to self and one other random Rebel or Galactic Republic ally if not suffering from any debuffs.

(It's a trap!) - Dispel all negative status effects from all allies, Each ally recovers 10% of their max Health for each effect dispelled this way. Admiral Ackbar has a 75% chance (Up from 25%) to gain 10% turn meter for each effect dispelled. If any ally is suffering from locked debuffs after using this ability, Admiral Ackbar grants himself and all allies speed up for 2 turns.

(Tactical Genius) - Ackbar grants all allies the (Tactical Genius) effect. The first ally to use a special ability while they have this effect gains 100% turn meter and recovers 35% of their max health. (Tactical Genius) ends whenever any ally triggers this effect or at the end of Ackbars next turn. This effect cannot be dispelled (locked buff), and all allies are immune to ability block and gain critical damage immunity until it is used or expired.

(Republic Coordination) - Galactic Republic and Rebel allies have +5 speed and +5% tenacity per Galactic Republic and Rebel ally (Both factions do not stack). In addition, Whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Galactic Republic or Rebel ally to assist dealing 15% less damage and with a 50% chance to ignore armor.

(That Magnitude!)(Unique) - Admiral Ackbar has +30% tenacity and has +100% critical avoidance. In addition Admiral Ackbar is immune to ability block and turn meter reduction. If Admiral Ackbar suffers from a locked debuff or more than one debuff at a time, he gains +80% defense until debuffs are cleared. If Admiral Ackbar is defeated, he grants (Tactical Genius) and cleanses all debuffs one last time to all allies upon death.

So in conclusion: Much like anything, I believe any of what I posted could be tweaked, but my dream idea for this character would be to make him a very solid support player, in which he doesnt ever do very much damage as he stands now, but in the wake of locked debuffs and buffs being a thing, I believe there needs to be a sort of equalizer to even those, granted they cannot be dispelled in anyway, and my idea is simply go into protective mode or self preservation as some of these debuffs shut down all aspects of play for alot of arena set ups. I see Admiral Ackbar support type as a way to be a competitive leader that focuses on self preservation, similar to the night sisters squad dynamic, but also can bring about high offensive capabilities through assisted attacks for most Galactic Republic and Rebel teams. This would simply be but a small step for one of many characters.

• The lead looks bust. Imagine him with R2 and C3 (I'm assuming he's got GR and Rebel tags) - That's +150 speed just from those 3.
  • Hehe I meant to seperate the tenacity gains and overall speed. the speed would be locked at +25 speed for everyone, not stacked per person. whereas the +5% tenacity is per person. WHoops!