Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Anybody run CLS, R2, Solo, Leia, Cassian? Or CLS, R2, Solo, Old Ben, Cassian?

I currently run zzCLS, zzR2, zSolo, Wedge, Biggs. Wiggs are at the end of their rope, they can't improve much more and don't have zetas. I'm trying to strategize their replacements for my arena team as I get more zetas. I don't have GK or JTRey yet, and my Barriss and Asajj aren't 7* yet.

I've been thinking a lot lately about team synergy, particularly maximizing passive buffs and TM gain. CLS gives TM gain on debuff fails, and Cassian drops up to three debuffs AOE. He then gets 20% TM for each debuffed opponent. Since CLS leader zeta gives 5% TM for each debuff fail, Cassian's AOE will generate 75% to 100% TM gain - if all debuffs fail, 75% gain, if one lands on each opponent (or they already have debuffs) he gets 100% gain.

On top of that, Cassian's zeta gives 20% protection to all allies, and dispellable buffs based on their toon type.

Running CLS, R2, and Cassian together gives a ridiculous amount of passive non-dispellable buffs, and running CLS and Cassian gives a ridiculous amount of TM.

Leia's there because she hits like a truck and can drill through most opponents in short order, but that's about it.

On the other hand, Old Ben has very similar dynamics to Cassian, in that OB has a multi-debuff AOE that will generate a ton of TM if they fail to land.

I'm not entirely sure if OB or Leia are the best options, but CLS, R2, and Cassian seem to have some really incredible synergies with all the passive buffs they offer and the amount of TM gain possible. Focusing on speed primaries and secondaries for mods will have these guys going constantly and gaining TM like crazy. Fast with lots of TM gain and debuffs is a great way to overwhelm an otherwise more powerful squad before the opponent even gets a first turn, especially with smart use of Solo to stun two immediately at the start of the round.

Max quad power on CLS, R2, Solo, Leia, Cassian is 108,586, while squad power on CLS, R2, Solo, Old Ben, Cassian is 111,566, since OB has a second zeta. Running Leia is more offensive, and would help gain rank, but running OB is more defensive and would help hold position.

Anyone got any experience with this kind of squad makeup?