Forum Discussion

7 years ago

BB-8/R2 resistance in HAAT P3

Has anyone tried running ZFinn/Poe/Trooper/R2/BB-8 in P3 of a HAAT yet?
I'm highly doubtful of a solo, but I could easily see them stretching to 40-50%.

I know it isn't the most damage they can do in any phase, but it seems like it could certainly be beneficial in helping a guild reach the finish line.
  • Depends on your luck.
    For me I need a 4th exposer (pilot), otherwise I am struggling to break 10%.
  • I ran it twice in NAAT last night (just before and after day reset) and got 31% and 32%
  • "TheJEFFtm;c-1295533" wrote:
    I ran it twice in NAAT last night (just before and after day reset) and got 31% and 32%

Same team as the OP? I would like to try it too.
  • Well, I am the OP... so yes. I actually think the percentage would be a little higher in HAAT, since it has a lower overall health pool.

The big test I was interested in, was I was able to take that line up, and run out the last 18% (I was hoping for 25%, but I think 15 -18 is about all they can manage without a massive blessing from RNGesus) of phase 2, and then run the 32% of phase 3 until enrage hit.

(I was able to do Finn/Poe/R2/trooper/pilot last 11% of P2/first 20% of phase 3 in our guilds last HAAT run, which is why I wanted to try this out)

Not quite as good as I was hoping for, although my bb-8 is still only g10, and the rest of my resistance is g11 and still modded for potency over damage output, Secret Intel should allow us to remod for offense or cc/cd with maybe one potency set.
  • This wouldn’t work great, not enough turn meter removal. Plus the b2 super trooper gains Turn Meter when he takes damage
  • Plus everytime b2 super trooper counters he gains 25% Turn Meter. You’d be better off saving resistance for a phase 2 or phase 4 solo
  • "Putnam;c-1298612" wrote:
    Plus everytime b2 super trooper counters he gains 25% Turn Meter. You’d be better off saving resistance for a phase 2 or phase 4 solo

I think that is why R2 is there. B2 can't counter through stealth. So when it works well Poe goes often enough that he completely removes the TM from when RT and Poe attack, plus some.

But it won't be consistent enough. I agree P2/P4 is much better. But if you are in a guild that struggles to complete HAAT this could be great, since P3 is often a weak point.
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    "Putnam;c-1298608" wrote:
    This wouldn’t work great, not enough turn meter removal. Plus the b2 super trooper gains Turn Meter when he takes damage

"Putnam;c-1298612" wrote:
    Plus everytime b2 super trooper counters he gains 25% Turn Meter. You’d be better off saving resistance for a phase 2 or phase 4 solo

Poe removes tm when he taunts, and if R2 stealths everyone else, he can't counter.

The problem with p3 is making sure Poe survives all tank blasts. Since multiple characters pushed over 100% tm have RNG decide who goes, a bad luck turn order could cost you. Still, Resistance can put up decent numbers in p3. Though I agree 2 or 4 is a better place for them.
  • Agree with all of the above - precisely why R2 is there, to negate the counters (the team actually survives several turns into enrage).

Poe's survival is (virtually) guaranteed, BB8 gets illuminated destiny off far more often than the tank shoots (it usually only goes twice), and with the health/protection regen, he barely notices the tank - much better than burning exposes from Finn having to cast HOT's a couple times every time the tank shoots.

And as stated in my OP, it definitely wasn't about maximizing their overall damage potential (although it isn't bad at all if the guild will let you cross phases to finish 2 and go to work on 3), but more an idea to help a struggling guild take a decent bite out of two of the more difficult phases.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago