Forum Discussion

coolnessda
Rising Newcomer
8 years ago

Character development question

I've noticed in the past that if I promote a character who is low level and low gear level that they don't gain as much of a stat boost after increasing star level. Should I wait to promote characters until they are higher gear level?
  • "Coolnessda;d-122136" wrote:
    I've noticed in the past that if I promote a character who is low level and low gear level that they don't gain as much of a stat boost after increasing star level. Should I wait to promote characters until they are higher gear level?

Increasing stars increases the multiplier that is used to determine the stat increase per level, with an immediate boost to account for the level they are at. So you will get a higher immediate gain for a higher level character, but as leef said, they end up in the same place. Consider though, that a low level character, once starred, will get a higher increase per level going forward.

Gear level stat increases are independent of star/level increase. Gear is one of the most important determinants, so if it's an important arena toon you should always gear them.
  • Stars act as a multiplier on level-up bonuses, but it's retroactive, so if you have more levels, you'll get more bonus from a new star. And if you have more stars you'll get more bonus from a new level. So whichever path you choose you'll end up in the same place power-wise with seven stars and level 85, whether you collect the stars first, or level up first, or mix and match.