Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Chromium Packs

I know the general consensus is to spend your crystals on Cantina refreshes, but does anyone else regularly buy the Chromium Packs? I've had mixed results, but overall I feel like I get way more shards for the "money" this way. I've gotten plenty of duds, but burning through a Cantina refresh and getting 0-1 shards in return is equally frustrating. Of course, you don't get the extra ability materials et al. What are your experiences with them?

I got a pretty solid roll today. 211 total shards for 2520 crystals seems like a pretty good return.

5 Shards sets: 12-Sith Trooper, 12-Death Trooper, 12- Chirrut, 10x2-Gar Saxon. 3 Characters: Poe (50), Jyn Erso (80) and Imperial Super Commando.
  • If you run the numbers and check the averages it's a bad buy. If you want to justify it because of your one good pull or your one day bad streak in cantina, fine. When you break it down, it's gambling, and the house always wins. Energy refreshes have consistently proven to be the best use of crystals.
  • Chromes are decent purchases for new/rookie accounts, generally speaking you have minimum chars and it allows for bonus unlocks and faster starring, However in the long run, the value diminishes rapidly as you start having chars unlocked and seven star,

That’s basically why the advice is typically to always refresh versus buying cuz on the long run you get much better yield that way
  • "GhostTruckin;c-1540420" wrote:
    Chromes are decent purchases for new/rookie accounts, generally speaking you have minimum chars and it allows for bonus unlocks and faster starring, However in the long run, the value diminishes rapidly as you start having chars unlocked and seven star,

That’s basically why the advice is typically to always refresh versus buying cuz on the long run you get much better yield that way

That makes sense. I'm level 76, so still early enough on where I'm trying to get a better toon inventory. I still do refreshes working specific characters to 7*.
  • once you hit a certain point where you have a number of 7* toons. the ROI drops off steeply. there are common toons that will drop often.
  • "Kyno;c-1540527" wrote:
    once you hit a certain point where you have a number of 7* toons. the ROI drops off steeply. there are common toons that will drop often.

@Kyno can you do me a favour and clarify the forum rules on this kind of talk. Ive been infracted previously for advising against buying chromium packs and you are doing the same thing now.
  • "Naraic;c-1540531" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1540527" wrote:
    once you hit a certain point where you have a number of 7* toons. the ROI drops off steeply. there are common toons that will drop often.

Kyno can you do me a favour and clarify the forum rules on this kind of talk. Ive been infracted previously for advising against buying chromium packs and you are doing the same thing now.

Did I advertise against them? Are those not just the facts of the matter? @Naraic
  • "Kyno;c-1540542" wrote:
    "Naraic;c-1540531" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1540527" wrote:

Kyno can you do me a favour and clarify the forum rules on this kind of talk. Ive been infracted previously for advising against buying chromium packs and you are doing the same thing now.

Did I advertise against them? Are those not just the facts of the matter? @Naraic

I consider that to be stating facts. Ive been given an infraction on this forum for a similar comment before so Im asking for clarification on the forum rules.
  • Must be the way you said it then. I never got an infraction for saying refreshes are better value for money.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago