Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Clone Questions

Is anyone jumping on the 501st train? Has anyone geared the full squad up to gold and beyond yet. If you have; please tell me can they stand up against any of the actual current 'meta' groups? Seems like the clone update really flew under everyone's radar. Revans *obviously* got super hyped up, then padme republic and GG machines I suppose were pretty quiet drops by the Devs, but the bugs got hyped up too and all those groups just a*s-blasted the status quo in every shard as you all remember...

I haven't been trolling the forums in a few weeks but it seems like nobody got excited for the 501 update in the least. I could be wrong. So has everyone just figured out in their own ways that the squad is bunk? Because *I* personally was and still am stoked about the clones post update. I finally finished my h*ll farm for DRevan and don't have a squad built around him yet. My clones were already nearly there pre update and I feel like they are really the next squad I'm interested in gearing and modding for a new first string group. Would those resources be wasted however?

Clones are my new favorite squads. They are one of the funnest groups IMO to play. I've been clearing my GW each day with them and they do really well. I've been using them on TB missions any chance I get, GA offense where they have a perfect record for me and raids.

STR, btw; clones are the dopest squad in the game I promise you all that. Rex's Aerial Advantage attack can hit raid bosses for 10 and 15% each smack if you can get the squad to survive long enough to use that attack 4 or 5 times (about 10 or 12 rounds of attacks for everyone). I've had my best run ever against Nihilus already with my 6 and 5 star, G8 to G9 clone group.... It's hard to read the damage numbers when they pop up so quick but I'm pretty sure I hit him for 1.56-odd million bonus damage and I know I got a 7M dam run (Nihilus mind) and Rex scored 4.7M. so I'm convinced that 501 squad will be epic at least in some applications. But SA is my question: are they just not approaching the high standard of the most recent nlmeta shifts??
  • "Mephisto_style;c-1961725" wrote:
    Seriously, I can probably kill your clones with my horrible Jawas

I’d like to see you try @Mephisto_style
  • Yes. But he only has one clone so technically dude's settling for hitting 20-25 percent as hard as he could be... Take that figure and multiply it 4 or 5 times like 'I' was saying that's when it gets stupid
  • So here is my roster. G12 Shaak Ti zeta x 2, Rex G13 -3 relic, 5's G13 -3 relic, Echo G12 - I'm missing the zetas on all clones.

Here is my roster. https://swgoh.gg/p/671797632/characters/

Here is my experience with this crew so far. Yes, I have killed Grevious with it. I have killed Darth Revan with them but this is ALL pre relic. I haven't used them since, so I have no idea. And the fact that they don't have zetas is another thing that makes me less qualified as it stands. However, my past experience shows me they can be quite powerful even without zetas.
  • Clones are one of the most fun teams in the game. Improving the 501st characters made the team viable as well as fun.
  • "Kodiak_Skywalker;c-1961755" wrote:
    Yes. But he only has one clone so technically dude's settling for hitting 20-25 percent as hard as he could be... Take that figure and multiply it 4 or 5 times like 'I' was saying that's when it gets stupid

Raid bosses take reduced damage anyway. Would be better with all clones but not in P1. You’d get to Enraged way before you get my score.

Also, my Shaak Ti is only 5* so I can’t use her in HSTR - another reason why I have Rex in that line-up.

Rather than tell me how I should play the game, how about you work on your own clones and then tell me all about how you get a better score in P1 with all clones and Shaak Ti
  • I'm throwing all my gear at 501st and Padme for LS TB and possible Anakin event. Only Rex is g12 so far, with Echo and Ahsoka almost there. Padme g11 and Fives g10. My 501st are incredibly good with g8 3* Shaak Ti now, can't wait to see how they do at g12/13.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago