Forum Discussion

Brymc_Gamel
Rising Rookie
3 days ago

Countering GL Rey w/Attacker cron?

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions as to how to counter a GL Rey/Ben Solo/etc team that has the level 6 Attacker datacron with the text:

• "Whenever an Attacker critically hits they attack again....Whenever Attacker attacks out of turn they deal bonus True damage..."

I have consistently beaten Rey 3v3 or 5v5 with either an UFU, SLKR, Palp, or sometimes Darth Bane team. But, man, in this latest 3v3, I've faced a Rey trio 3 times all of which had the same lvl 6 and just cannot win. I am assuming it could be from the extra attacks that Rey and Ben are granted from this level 6 'cron.

I've been able to kill off the third teammate (whether that was JTR, Cal, Holdo) and whittle down Rey & Ben to yellow before the match ends. Then, even with only a weakened Rey & Ben remaining, they destroyed any full team that I used to clean-up. And these full teams are the UFU, Palp, SLKR, Bane teams that would have over an 80% win rate. I understand Rey & Ben would have preloaded tm, but even a full team is getting crushed.

Any suggestions as to how to withstand the bonus attacks of a Rey team? Should I take my JMK team off defense and put them on offense? I have run out of theory crafting ideas. 8*(

Thank you! You are all rockstars on these forums!

winterwolves
    Rising Traveler

I have been successful with Cere, Malicos, Maul against an attacker cron when the team was Rey, Ben, JTR.

When the Attacker cron included Nest level 9, and the enemy team was Rey, Ben, Nest, I used Cere, Malicos, Starkiller. (That's a painful 5 omicrons on that team to counter Rey!)

All seemed a bit closer than normal, but went OK. For reference, all my toons mentioned are R7, except for an r8 starkiller. Enemy teams were r8 and r9 Reys, mostly r8 other team members.