Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Counters for Barriss/Dooku Combo?

Currently running Barriss (L), Dooku, Darth Maul, Asajj and Im-Gun Di. Ranked 5th in my tier and level 31. Getting stopped by other Barriss/Dooku combos and an Old Ben nearly pushed my shit in. Might get 4* HK-47, 3* IG-88, and 2* IG-86. Here are the rest of my characters:
4* Darth Maul
4* Ima-Gun Di
4* Bariss Offee
4* Asajj Ventress
3* Talia
3* Count Dooku
3* Cad Bane
3* Ahsoka Tano
3* Jawa
3* Clone Wars Chewbacca
2* Resistance Trooper
2* Kit Fisto
2* Jedi Consular
2* Ewok Elder
2* Snowtrooper
1* Royal Guard
1* Nightsaber Initiate
1* Clone Sergeant - Phase I

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • "Uoy_Nillik_696;1506" wrote:
    "TwoInThePink;234" wrote:
    Currently running Barriss (L), Dooku, Darth Maul, Asajj and Im-Gun Di. Ranked 5th in my tier and level 31. Getting stopped by other Barriss/Dooku combos and an Old Ben nearly pushed my shit in. Might get 4* HK-47, 3* IG-88, and 2* IG-86. Here are the rest of my characters:
    4* Darth Maul
    4* Ima-Gun Di
    4* Bariss Offee
    4* Asajj Ventress
    3* Talia
    3* Count Dooku
    3* Cad Bane
    3* Ahsoka Tano
    3* Jawa
    3* Clone Wars Chewbacca
    2* Resistance Trooper
    2* Kit Fisto
    2* Jedi Consular
    2* Ewok Elder
    2* Snowtrooper
    1* Royal Guard
    1* Nightsaber Initiate

Not a bad way to piss away 100+$

When you have excess disposable income, you spend it however you want. And I haven't bought every pack, I still haven't bought the HK/IG pack and I probably wont. I was asking for advice about squad builds, not for people to flame my spending habits.
  • "TwoInThePink;1515" wrote:
    "Uoy_Nillik_696;1506" wrote:
    "TwoInThePink;234" wrote:
    4* Darth Maul
    4* Ima-Gun Di
    4* Bariss Offee
    4* Asajj Ventress
    3* Talia
    3* Count Dooku
    3* Cad Bane
    3* Ahsoka Tano
    3* Jawa
    3* Clone Wars Chewbacca
    2* Resistance Trooper
    2* Kit Fisto
    2* Jedi Consular
    2* Ewok Elder
    2* Snowtrooper
    1* Royal Guard
    1* Nightsaber Initiate

Not a bad way to piss away 100+$

When you have excess disposable income, you spend it however you want. And I haven't bought every pack, I still haven't bought the HK/IG pack and I probably wont. I was asking for advice about squad builds, not for people to flame my spending habits.

Amen. God bless you for having disposable income! How much disposable income do you have because you have two options. The reason he said you shit away 100 USD is because you're kinda bottlenecked with that crew you have. They are mostly chrono only cards and right now at low level you will dominate easily. But unless you want to drop hundreds to thousands more dollars you wont be able to advance them past 4 stars because as the game sits in its unfinished state...you cant farm the shards. You will find yourself getting dominated in arena in a month when you fight people who have a farmable shard crew and they are all tapping 7* toons and two shotting Barriss and Dooku.

My humble advice would be to spend future money on energy to gear/level and unlock farmable toons and stay away from chrono card buying. Use Barriss and Dooku for as long as you can, unlock Darth Sidious and hope they finish the game in a timely manner so you can farm the pack shards in the future.

• 12 energy hard missions for Dooku that have a 20% chance to drop a shard is far from feasibly farmable. It can be done but you are going to fall behind all the others who are able to farm much easier shards. And Im not aware that Barriss is farmable in any mission atm. I'll ask my wife when she gets up but Im 99% sure you cant farm Barriss at this stage.
  • I stand corrected thank you David for the info. In five months I might be able to unlock her then lol:) I've done Dooku's shards on hard for past two weeks and have 6 or 7 shards. Hopefully they increase the drop rate.
  • I find Cad Bane useful at helping kill Dooku/Barriss. Especially if my Dooku's stun doesn't proc.
  • I would run Talia, Barriss, Dooku, Resistant trooper and maybe any other non jedi. Start farming Sid to eventually replace trooper/other. At the same time work on Daka or someone else from the cantina. I currently don't like anyone with the keyword Jedi or anyone with AOE because Dooku is so strong…

Sombrador12
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I have Barriss and Dooku and use them both. I find that targeting doku with stuns and then focus fire works quite well on him. As Chewdoka said earlier he can be a bit fragile.

I use dooku and bane to try and stun him, then I focus fire him down until he is out. Removing him quickly from the match makes life a lot easier.

It makes it that much easier to then kill barriss because you dont have to deal with the damage from Dooku.
  • I've been doin some good work on this combo the past couple days. Here's what I've found:

Normally it's intuitive to just take out the healers first. But I actually leave Barriss for last most of the time. The top 10 guys have her leveled so high and with so many HP, that you almost can't kill her before she or another healer heals her back. In that time those other characters are just firing on you over and over. Instead I take the Jedi Consular as fast as possible and then try and get as many characters off the board as possible by hitting the weaker ones.

Once you have character advantage, it's much easier to deal with Dooku and Barriss.

I've even been known to go after Dooku right at the start while I still have all my heals ready.

It works consistently with anyone my level or below and I've even popped a few that were a few levels higher. Im in and around the top 10 and one of the very few up there not runnin the Barriss/Dooku combo, so I figure this must be a pretty decent strategy.
  • As an aside, there's nothing I like more than meeting a Barriss team in Galactic Wars. Or as I call her, "The Great Cooldown and HP Regenerator". :)

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago