Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Curious about Leia's Dauntless wording

"10% offense and the 1st time each turn she resists an effect or suffers a rebuff she gains 35% offense stacking. "

I just don't understand how it can be '1st time each turn" and stacking.

Help on clarification of what it means because I am thinking about doing the zeta and modding her just like a slow high tenacity nest.
  • Well, her zeta is good if "the 1st time" means the other team can take 10 turns debuffing and she gets 10 stacks of 35% offense. Then her AOE is like Tarkin's from stacked potency. Put her high tenacity with no added speed and she might get her offense jacked up before her turn.
    The big problem with the strategy is the 45% TM from her leading and resisting.
  • "Gifafi;c-2066593" wrote:
    no, her zeta is not good. it's a bad zeta on a worse toon. but do you

Yeah, I have 3 triumvirate zeta, nest zeta, Talzin or Assam lead, and many more oodles ahead of Dauntless. So many, Dauntless should be called Eternal Procrastination. I like thinking about kits though.

Right now my favorite team is
    Nute Jango ST Han Scav Rey nest. This team's only got 1 zeta on Scav Rey no g12 toons and consistently gets good GAC defenses. I want to see what happens when they are all zeta. I might inevitably drop Scav Rey for Dooku but mine is 5*
  • "Mephisto_style;c-2066586" wrote:
    Well, her zeta is good if "the 1st time" means the other team can take 10 turns debuffing and she gets 10 stacks of 35% offense. Then her AOE is like Tarkin's from stacked potency. Put her high tenacity with no added speed and she might get her offense jacked up before her turn.

This can't ever actually happen. She gains TM as well as offense when someone tries to debuff her, so she'll take her turn way before 10 attempted debuffs and dispel all her offense stacks at the end of her turn.

Edit: Even if she didn't gain TM, the best you could hope for is 5 attempted debuffs, and only if she's slower than the entire opposing team.
  • "TheJEFFtm;c-2066715" wrote:
    "chionophile;c-2066664" wrote:
    "Mephisto_style;c-2066586" wrote:
    Well, her zeta is good if "the 1st time" means the other team can take 10 turns debuffing and she gets 10 stacks of 35% offense. Then her AOE is like Tarkin's from stacked potency. Put her high tenacity with no added speed and she might get her offense jacked up before her turn.

This can't ever actually happen. She gains TM as well as offense when someone tries to debuff her, so she'll take her turn way before 10 attempted debuffs and dispel all her offense stacks at the end of her turn.

Edit: Even if she didn't gain TM, the best you could hope for is 5 attempted debuffs, and only if she's slower than the entire opposing team.

Not strictly true... TM reduction (wether from an ability or a debuff like stagger), daze or shock to prevent the TM gain, plus an extremely high TM gain opposing team (like the above theoretical Palpatine example I used, where shock is also likely to be a player) could stretch it a bit higher, but as an attacker, she also isn’t likely to have the health pool to go the distance either to make it worth while if you are banking on her to be a one shot AOE of doom

It’s certainly an interesting theory craft, but I think it would very much be an extreme corner case, and probably not worth investing in as a dependable team. But it is a fun idea to chew over online to see if there is any merit to it!

Yes, there are ways to force it - fracture comes to mind as one way. But it'd almost have to be intentional. No opposing team is going to intentionally stack huge amount of offense on her just so she can kill them. It's just not a particularly good or practical investment.
  • "chionophile;c-2066664" wrote:

I know. Although I do have nest modded +0 speed
  • "TheJEFFtm;c-2066715" wrote:
    "chionophile;c-2066664" wrote:

Not strictly true... TM reduction (wether from an ability or a debuff like stagger), daze or shock to prevent the TM gain, plus an extremely high TM gain opposing team (like the above theoretical Palpatine example I used, where shock is also likely to be a player) could stretch it a bit higher, but as an attacker, she also isn’t likely to have the health pool to go the distance either to make it worth while if you are banking on her to be a one shot AOE of doom

It’s certainly an interesting theory craft, but I think it would very much be an extreme corner case, and probably not worth investing in as a dependable team. But it is a fun idea to chew over online to see if there is any merit to it!

A lot of these ideas I am thinking GAC TW in the back. Although now that I am in a decent guild the teams that are in the back of TW are all g12 old meta. A G9-G11 Lorgana is not going to be able to take any old meta with 200 speed on them.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.

22,724 PostsLatest Activity: 7 years ago