Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Daka's revive ability

Is it just my bad luck or is Daka's unique ability always reviving fallen toons. It's insane lol on top of that if they don't revive on their own she uses her resurrection to revive them. Nerf her lol just joking
  • Apparently GW AI is not random. How can Daka resurrect the same fallen ally 10% of the time and I have the same character resurrected EVERY time on the same node retrying 5+ times? EA, please make the ability chances more RANDOM.

Recreate: I kill IG-88 just before Daka's turn in GW. She has a 10% chance to revive at the current lvl/gear/ability teir. I have replayed this node 5+ times, and Daka revives IG-88 EVERY TIME. That is not 10% chance, that is 100%. Please fix the randomness in the abilities in GW.
  • "Anraeth;264905" wrote:
    When going up against teams with her, you have to make a critical decision. Do you gamble at taking out that high damage character like Rey, Tie, and prey she doesn't raise them. Or you can take out Daka first and have characters like Rey run amok potentially losing a character. You have to always assume she is going to raise them. Be glad she doesn't reraise herself anymore. Nothing was more irritating than her reraising than bringing back 2-3 characters her next move. I'll take the current Daka anyday...

Or just get a super-powered AoE squad and nuke the heck out of everyone... :^P
  • "dajhmaster;542621" wrote:
    Apparently GW AI is not random. How can Daka resurrect the same fallen ally 10% of the time and I have the same character resurrected EVERY time on the same node retrying 5+ times? EA, please make the ability chances more RANDOM.

Recreate: I kill IG-88 just before Daka's turn in GW. She has a 10% chance to revive at the current lvl/gear/ability teir. I have replayed this node 5+ times, and Daka revives IG-88 EVERY TIME. That is not 10% chance, that is 100%. Please fix the randomness in the abilities in GW.

You need to learn the ways of gw rng young padawan!!

Galactic war rng is determined at the start of the match for the characters used. So if you use the same characters in the same position and follow the same target selection, you will get the same result.
    You can reset the rng by swapping a different toon into your team and you will get different results, or alternate your target selection to apply the rng in a difderent order. By forcing the rng to change, thats how its possible to sometimes get around the old gw problems of facing five or so meta teams in a row.
  • Daka's auto-revive should be increased to 25% to make it even viable. Other chars have a reliable revive and a % revive so why not have her auto at a higher %, being as one of the only 2 DarkSide healers she should be the master reviver for the DS. Her attack should also be Special based but that's another arguement :/
  • I will take out the biggest damage dealer first, usually Rey, then turn to Daka. She usually isn't successful in reviving Rey. But if she is, it's still fairly easy to OHKO Rey since she revives with a yellow health bar. Don't leave Daka for the end. The more toons that are dead around her, the better the chances are that someone gets rez'd. Sometimes it's multiple toons.
  • It's funny that you rarely get the revive when using her then against her she will revive someone 3 times in a row. I wish I could see my defenses to see if she is that annoying to others.
  • She is that annoying to everyone. Just as annoying as my QGJ always calling RG and theirs always calling Rey or Leia.
  • "HUSKARL;546814" wrote:
    It's funny that you rarely get the revive when using her then against her she will revive someone 3 times in a row. I wish I could see my defenses to see if she is that annoying to others.

I've got no evidence to back this up, but I heard once that in order to make arena and GW more challenging because of the poor AI, they smudge the numbers, it creates a sort of artificial difficulty when fighting against the AI. I personally believe this, how else would dodge become the new meta when Luminara only grants 14% to jedi and 7% to everyone else, and yet that entire team not just Jedi will dodge quite often.

Phasma is another good example, she only provides a 20% assist chance to non first order characters, and yet there are teams with Phasma as the only first order character and everyone is just following up on almost every attack. This is just a random theory I have but the numbers seem to support it by not making sense themselves.