Forum Discussion

9 months ago

Darth Vader and crit chance

Before I leveled up Merciless and gave my DV mods to reach 37,72% crit chance, he used to constantly get crits with culling blade, at least 1/3 without Merciless and 2/3 with Merciless.

But as it went higher this occurrence decreased. He know has 37,72% plus another 50% with Merciless, yet his first culling blade of the battle will always be a non-crit, no matter the target.

I tried this out on Gallactic Challenges and Galactic War and played the same matchup 20 times. He barely gets to a 1/3 crit percentage (with Merciless).

I even tested without Merciless and for some reason this was yielded slightly more crits.

With Merciless he should be close to 88% crit chance.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a better way to test it out?
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    Sometimes enemies can have crit avoidance, so that can factor into it.

Fun fact about GW: if you play the same match with the same lineup and the same actions, it will always use the same RNG seed. So you'd need to switch it up a bit.
  • "crzydroid;c-2453988" wrote:
    Sometimes enemies can have crit avoidance, so that can factor into it.

Fun fact about GW: if you play the same match with the same lineup and the same actions, it will always use the same RNG seed. So you'd need to switch it up a bit.

Thank you for reply.
    Yes, in fact I have thought on both of those things. Thats why I have set Vader up against lower powered opponents and in GW I have tried to switch up the team set ups to change the RNG and against different opponents.

It has become so depressing that one of the characters I invested most in ended up becoming worse and I always feel an urge to just skip using Merciless/Culling blade combo (his so called best move) due to how bad the damage output is without crit compared to a basic attack with crit.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,714 PostsLatest Activity: 18 hours ago