Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Direction and help badly needed!

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and relatively new to the game. I've been playing for little over two weeks now, and I'm level 46. I have a few different toons and a lineup which is fairly strong but lacks and umph or synergy. I'm on a server which must be new as the top arena spots are held by level 49's and below. I've tried to be as efficient as possible with my farming and refreshes but now I'm struggling for direction. I'm also way underpowered for the new Yoda event, so I'm wondering do I chase that goal or accept that I'm far too weak for it and continue for a good arena/gw team.

I see that many people in the forums have complained about the difficulty of GW. This has also been a problem for me and I'll try to include some pictures to show why. It's my fourth day in today, and the first two days I could win it easily on auto, the third day I lost on the 7nth match because my lvl45 team got paired with a lvl60 team (...) and today it was extremely strong competition again and I fell one short of winning.
My aim is to find a goal to move towards and hopefully have a team which works well in both the arena and GW with maximum toon crossover.
I also have enough shards for an 8pack of chromium's which I can purchase and still afford my refreshes which are more important in my mind. The question is shall I use them now or is there any benefit to waiting for the patch to drop, as there seems to be no additional chromium toons added.
I currently do hard mode for dooku and luminara and sometimes JC, Chewie and Jawa, who are under leveled. I use GS in cantina, Sid in arena and Lumi in GW.
Thanks for any advice in advance,
Scraggle.
  • Well, welcome to the forum.

At your level you might find the GW gets harder before it gets better, you are in the mid levels that can make it kind of rough, just try to get as far as you can and know that levels will make it better.

As far as chromium packs go, that's your decision. Conventional wisdom says you get better value spending shards on refreshes. That way you get the shards you want and a chance at equipment.

Going after Lumi is smart, she will be with you for a long time. You might work on Daka when you can as she is a legitimate Dark side healer (..and the the only real Dark healer that is not into self abuse.)

.. Most of all remember to have fun!
  • You will need a core of 3-4 toons to compete in both arena and gw. I will not advise you who they should be because my choice may not match yours. However, look at other players' squad, that would help you decide. Then you will need 3-4 other toons to complete your team(s). Your core toons, you need to get them up asap. Don't spend anything on those packs, they are not worth it. Use your crystals to refresh and grind for those gears etc. Don't worry about starring them up too much yet, concentrate on their gears and abilities. Don't spend the purple mats on leader's abilities if you are not going to run that toon as leader. Are you beginning to see what I am trying to paint here? Oh, do all your challenges and daily activities etc.
  • I would love some advice on what characters should be together on a team because I think that might be part of my problem that I can't finish GW
  • Thanks for the excellent replies guys. I tried to post some photos of my heroes but I can't get it to work. So far I have:
    Main lineup,
    4*G6 46 Sid leader (Skills 3/4/4/4)
    4*G6 46 Dooku 4/4/4/4
    4*G6 46 Chewie 1/3/2/1 ( I feel like my Chewie is very underpowered compared to the Poe's and he has little gear at this level and no extra shards as I was/am unsure if to keep him)
    4*G5 46 Lumi 3/4/4/1
    3*G6 46 Jawa 1/1/1 (decidedly weaker 5th member, few shares gear or abilities, keeping around until QJ or GS is sufficient to fill in I think)

The rest:
    3*G5 46 GS 1/1/1
    2*G5 46 JC 1/2/1
    2*(3 tomorrow) G6 46 QGJ 1/2/1/1
    3* G4 38 Talia 1/1/1/1
    1* G3 38 FOTP 1/1/1
    3* G4 34 Eeth 1/1/1/1
    1* 28 Royal guard
    2* 21 Clone Sarg
    2* 21 Teebo
    1* 1 Ewok Scout
    1* 1 IG86
    1* 1 nightstalker initiate
    1* 1 Snowtrooper.

Hope that helps more on specific advice and direction,
    Thanks again for the warm responses.
  • Ok. Here goes. My arena team (at least gear 7, ability 6)

7 Sid
    6 IG86
    6 Lumi (near7)
    5 Poggle
    5 Poe

My GW squad

Sid
    7 JC
    Lumi
    Poggle
    Poe
    IG86
    4 Daka
    4 Vader
    Plus a bunch of fodders.
    These toons are at level 62, player level 68.
    I'm f2p, never spent a cent.
    Arena ranking under 100, I don't do refresh, just play the normal 5 fights
    Clear GW consistently. Some days are harder, but I managed to come through it.

Over to you! And good luck!
  • Alot of patience and learning from making mistakes. Lol. Seriously, the biggest mistake was not reading the advice first. If I did then I would not have wasted time and resources, and my roster would be even stronger.