Forum Discussion

8 years ago

DN (L) + Rex = Win?

Around 90% of the teams I face in the 25-30 range all have one of the following toons:
Kylo
Dooku
Palpatine
Stun, shock, and healing immunity are my biggest threats for DN lead. I am interested in maybe having Rex in my team for the squad discipline ability. Here is my team currently:
DN (L) 5* G9
Dooku 7* G9
Vader 5* G9
Sith Trooper 4* G9
Maul 6* G9
The plan would be to switch out Maul or Vader for Rex. Get Rex to be the fastest (~210 if that's possible). He would use squad discipline at the start, giving tenacity up and 30% TM to everyone. Dooku uses stun, DN uses Drain Force, Sith trooper begins to taunt, Maul AOE Daze.
Is this a possible idea? Sith trooper would protect Rex and Maul since they are both a little squishy. Tenacity up would prevent all the stuns and shocks to apply and by the end of turn 2
I have a significant advantage.
Should I switch Rex for Vader or Maul? Should I switch him in at all or is this a bad idea?
I am Level 76 for reference.
Most of the teams in the 20-40 are Wiggs - kylo/boba/palp/St Han
or Dn - Dooku/palp
  • Honestly evanbio, if you are running DN lead you NEEEEED dooku. It's absolutely disgusting how amazing he is. Yesterday I faced a wiggs/chaze/AA squad 5 levels higher than me and all G10 and dooku literally 1v5 them. Everyone was dead, dooku was left against 5, and he won. It's incredible. Don't use sid, use dooku. I will be testing out Yoda today after I unlock him. It does sound promising
  • I obtained Yoda. Got him to Gear 8. Gear 9 will be a couple weeks away for the implant. I tried him out at 212 speed in arena around the 40 rank. His tenacity up made the victories against DN lead and EP lead teams very easy. But his health is so low that after all the AOE's were done, he was either dead or 1 shot. He never had more than 2 moves in a battle.

I will definitely get him to Gear 9, but until then he will be on the back burner simply because he has such low health.
  • "Antares;c-1117862" wrote:
    Jedi eat DN lead for breakfast.

My DN eats Jedi for breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, and every other Hobbit meal. And yes top 10 constantly and payout #1 plenty. My work schedule is a harder obstacle than Jedi. That clanker r2 has made it more interesting but hasn't changed anything really. Facing Jedi or triple cleanse it's about patience and timing.

I've recently tried out rex in my DN squad. I like him. DN, SA, SiT, GK, and Rex. Was using dooku (and he is amazing) but decided to change it up a little. You'll like it.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago