Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Droid squad anomalies

So I've been slowly churning through this game for a while and ended up with a droid squad comprising all the IG droids with Lumi to heal them up and HK taking the lead. It's worked out quite well for me so far but I've noticed a few odd occurrences I can't pin down: The biggest one is that IG-88 seems to heal up a massive amount from any damage he causes. I can't see what it is that's causing this but don't get me wrong, I'm damn happy about it. There are a few other (usually positive) oddities that crop up from time to time but I was just looking for any tips anyone else might have on running this team. I tend to find I get spanked out of the blocks and lose one of my number before I can get a shot off - I got sick of losing my JC and eventually swapped him out for the Magnaguard. Any advice will be appreciated and I get it's a fairly rare (and possibly quite pump) squad but still... it's fluffy.
  • Well I believe that IG 88 has 15% life steal so whenever he does damage he gets that percentage of damage healed. So whenever he uses his powerful AOE attack it heals him a great deal. I'm still starring IG 100 up slowly so I can't comment on that particular character though.
  • Cheers bud. That confirms it but I suppose my question now is where does that come from? It's not mentioned in any of his skills or stats (unless there's something glaringly obvious I'm somehow missing). If it's some sort of hidden skill, then that begs the question, who else has one?
  • "SifuSteve;287458" wrote:
    Cheers bud. That confirms it but I suppose my question now is where does that come from? It's not mentioned in any of his skills or stats (unless there's something glaringly obvious I'm somehow missing). If it's some sort of hidden skill, then that begs the question, who else has one?

Life steal was put back into the game a couple of months ago. I know there were a couple of posts that had the characters' life steal pecentages in a spreadsheet. Try searching life steal in the search bar.

"Bak_Sherpa;287805" wrote:
    Pop poe in for your 5th. His taunt will reduce enemy turn meter along with a couple exposes and will allow your droids to get their shots off.

He also has pretty decent speed if you can manage to gear him up all the way.

I run a droid squad in an old server and take 1 almost every day. Droids get targeted pretty hard right now. Right now IG-100 Magnaguard is not great in end game arena but who knows what will be good for the new meta. If nothing changes from the new meta I would recommend switching out IG-100 for Poggle or Geonosian Soldier. Droids need a taunting tank to protect them. Poe is a solid choice for droids since his speed gets to 142 and droids would go right after he taunts. Another great option is Royal Guard since he auto-taunts whenever an ally drops below 50% health.

I linked a post below dedicated to droid teams. Ask any question you want about droids there and you'll get an answer from a number of people (including myself) that run droids.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/17436/reyias-droids-helpline
  • The gear! That makes sense. To be honest, it's the one aspect I haven't looked into in any depth (I just grind it out and don't really note what it does). Cheers for the Poe tip. I've been looking to sub out my ageing Chewy for my Light team as he's starting to let the side down and I'm getting diminishing returns the more I upgrade him. I'd hoped IG-100 would be enough of a blaster magnet to mean I could still keep a healer in the arena squad (Daka is nearly ready replace Lumi) but if Poe's going to get me those shots it looks like he gets the job... at least until I've got a 7 star Grievous in 2028.

Edit: That last reply must have come in while I was typing my own. All good stuff, thanks. I'll go check that thread out.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 15 hours ago