Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Droideka Bug?

Hey Guys,

a few minutes ago, i fight against an enemy droideka. They got the debuff blind and attack my chewie. Normally the attack must be missed because of the debuff, but this attack hit me and killed my chewie. I read the 2nd attack off the droideka, they only say, that "This attack can't be evaded." So why the attack hit me? I think the Debuff should counter first, so that the attack can hit anyway.
  • "Drakor_Xibalba;d-253578" wrote:
    Hey Guys,

a few minutes ago, i fight against an enemy droideka. They got the debuff blind and attack my chewie. Normally the attack must be missed because of the debuff, but this attack hit me and killed my chewie. I read the 2nd attack off the droideka, they only say, that "This attack can't be evaded." So why the attack hit me? I think the Debuff should counter first, so that the attack can hit anyway.

There is no chance to miss in this game. Attacks will always hit, then the opponent has a chance to evade.

The mechanics of blind give the target 99990% chance to evade, or something like that number. But "can't be evaded" beats any evasion chance.

It's not a bug. The EA help person has likely never seen this particular game open on a device, and have no knowledge of game mechanics. They are just being agreeable with a customer, then passing this along to the dev team to waste a bit of their time.
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "Winterwolves;c-2345227" wrote:
    "Drakor_Xibalba;d-253578" wrote:
    Hey Guys,

There is no chance to miss in this game. Attacks will always hit, then the opponent has a chance to evade.

The mechanics of blind give the target 99990% chance to evade, or something like that number. But "can't be evaded" beats any evasion chance.

It's not a bug. The EA help person has likely never seen this particular game open on a device, and have no knowledge of game mechanics. They are just being agreeable with a customer, then passing this along to the dev team to waste a bit of their time.

You are confusing Blind with Tenacity Up/Down. Blind and foresight are 100% chance to miss and evade, respectively. However, as mentioned, "cannot be evaded" trumps both. OP may not like it, but that's how the game works.
  • If it was only 100%, then an accuracy arrow could give you a chance to hit. Which it doesn't. That's why it is set somewhere in the thousands of percent. And it's never a miss, it's always evade.
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "Winterwolves;c-2345236" wrote:
    If it was only 100%, then an accuracy arrow could give you a chance to hit. Which it doesn't. That's why it is set somewhere in the thousands of percent. And it's never a miss, it's always evade.

Poor use of "100% chance" on my part. That's not how either work. If you have Foresight, you will dodge any ability that does not say "cannot be evaded," and if you have Blind you will miss with any ability that does not say "cannot be evaded."
  • I think when you blind you can`t see anything and so your attack miss everytime when you´re blinded. If the game works on another why, sry then is the game broken or the have to change the description.
  • "Drakor_Xibalba;c-2345249" wrote:
    I think when you blind you can`t see anything and so your attack miss everytime when you´re blinded. If the game works on another why, sry then is the game broken or the have to change the description.

Conceptually the wording is flawed, but the mechanic is straightforward and easily understood.
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "Drakor_Xibalba;c-2345249" wrote:
    I think when you blind you can`t see anything and so your attack miss everytime when you´re blinded. If the game works on another why, sry then is the game broken or the have to change the description.

Han Solo in RotJ would like a word.
  • I´m relly sure, that blind is to miss the next attack and the description of this debuff say it also:

"Blind: Miss the next attack" so there is nothing with evaded and other parts. Miss the next attack so the target don´t need to evade from the attack
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler

"CCyrilS;c-2345267" wrote:
    "UdalCuain;c-2345263" wrote:
    "Drakor_Xibalba;c-2345262" wrote:
    I´m relly sure, that blind is to miss the next attack and the description of this debuff say it also:

"Blind: Miss the next attack" so there is nothing with evaded and other parts. Miss the next attack so the target don´t need to evade from the attack

If you cannot evade an attack, from the attacks perspective they cannot miss. Keep flogging this horse, the answer will be the same. WAI.

Evading would mean to avoid a shot that would have otherwise hit. He's right about the wording. On the other hand I don't think it's that big of a deal.

The wording is definitely kind of weird. But it works the way it works, and always has.
  • "StarSon;c-2345273" wrote:

"CCyrilS;c-2345267" wrote:
    "UdalCuain;c-2345263" wrote:
    "Drakor_Xibalba;c-2345262" wrote:
    I´m relly sure, that blind is to miss the next attack and the description of this debuff say it also:

If you cannot evade an attack, from the attacks perspective they cannot miss. Keep flogging this horse, the answer will be the same. WAI.

Evading would mean to avoid a shot that would have otherwise hit. He's right about the wording. On the other hand I don't think it's that big of a deal.

The wording is definitely kind of weird. But it works the way it works, and always has.

Basically what I'm saying. The mechanic isn't hard to grasp.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago