Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Empire+Phoenix team

Hello, forum.

Since phoenix/gaThrawn release I was thinking about crossing Phoenix with Empire. Since Phoenix Zeta introductions, it seems to me the idea becomes more interesting.

The thing behind the team are synergies between several empire/phoenix characters.
1) DT + Sabine.
Many times mentioned synergy, which allows you to oneshot nearly any enemy under Deathmark with Sabine multy-attack.

2) DT + Krennic + Zeb
Many Staggers/Dazes and, what's more important - stuns over those staggers/dazes by DT and Zeb.

So i wonder if smb had and idea to create this kind of Arena team, and would it be interesting in current CLS-rebel meta?

Characters, I'm looking at are Thrawn, ShT, Krennic, DT, Zeb, Sabine and of course GK, which is good everywhere.
Maybe smth like:
Thrawn(L), ShT, DT, Krennic, Zeb
or
Krennic (L), GK, DT, Zeb, Thrawn

or maybe even smth more phoenix oriented? Like:
Hera (L), Sabine, Zeb, GK, DT?

Many ways to cross.

TLDR: Any way to create Phoenix/Empire synergy viable for arena in current CLS/rebel meta?
  • 1) Deathmark is useful but not worth dragging down the team with Sabine. Not to mention most deathmarked enemies go down in 2-4 hits anyways
    2) maybe, but you'll have to stack some speed on Zeb. Cause with his base 115,and even with his zeta, it would only get 10% meter with his special
    And the Krennic team may work but I'd sub Thrawn for Shoretrooper
  • "Zombie961;c-1306677" wrote:
    1) Deathmark is useful but not worth dragging down the team with Sabine. Not to mention most deathmarked enemies go down in 2-4 hits anyways
    2) maybe, but you'll have to stack some speed on Zeb. Cause with his base 115,and even with his zeta, it would only get 10% meter with his special
    And the Krennic team may work but I'd sub Thrawn for Shoretrooper

I get the point that deathmark leads to almost inevitable character death in several hits but the thing is that several hits is often a full round, while sabine hit is oneshot. Also sabine provides another stagger-aoe. So another way to control enemy team tm and another way to trigger krennic stagger in case dt missed or disabled or his grenade is on cd

I dont get the point about zeb speed. Yes he is far from being fast but I can hardly agree this is the reason he is not viable.

Removing thrawn from a team seems to me a strange idea as its one of most usdfull and independanttoonsin the game, whatsimportant - both on offence and defence

• "Lukes_Tauntaun;c-1307434" wrote:
    I find the best thing to go with deathmark is an aoe. Snowtrooper or krennic are great for that. Good damage on the rest of the squad and massive damage on the deathmarked character.

If you want a multiattacking toon though there are better ones out there like Rey or Leia, even magmatrooper would be better with a double attack basic but also shared uniques with dt. Phoenix toons aren't that great on their own, only under a Hera leadership do they start to shine

Magmatrooper does not have multyattack, does he? His second attack strikes random enemy.. Rey has her muliattack on a 4-turns-CD-skill which must be hold until DM was used or smth. Also other Rey kit is useless for empire squad.
    Leia seems like a more viable option, but her multyattack is not very reliable.

Speaking of phoenix toons overall weakness. Well. I've seen Zeb doing 56k damage to a toon (https://puu.sh/xVkCy/11932adb26.png). Yeah zeb had OffenceUp and also stacked ezra passive and also CritDmg from sabine passive. I know hera lead boosts all toons. But still. It seems like a decent option for stagger/daze/stun combo with DT. He also provides Retribution/Tenacity which empire squad don't have in their arsenal.

I mean I'm not pushing, cas it's only a theory and swgoh does not have any sandbox to perform experiments like this
  • Empire has deep synergy shared between as well as Phoenix do so mixing them up makes them just weaker I think. In an Empire squad I'd only run Kanan or Chopper as 2nd tank. Prefering Kanan cause he can dispell, taunt and attack on one move also counter with offence down in his basic. Which is never bad in current rebel meta. Chopper cause he is fast and can take beating, maybe stun R2 if lucky.

Empire team does not have that many debuff dispelling. But even then I'd replace Kanan with GK as soon as I'd have him.

But adding empire to phoenix squad, meh. Only Thrawn maybe, but to replace who, dunno.