Forum Discussion

9 years ago

end game advice gw/arena shipments

currently level 59, I have purchased several packs but now looking to stay f2p. I was hoping for advice from advanced players on end game strategy looking to synergize my arena team

I usually run 50-80 in arenas. I run with barriss as lead for the heal on turn (4*, gear 7), poe (5* gear 7), luminara (7* gear 7), Rey (4* gear 7), and sid (7* gear 7).

I am currently farming poe in cantina, Rey in regular battles. sid and lumi are maxed.

I also have dooku (3*, gear 7), lea 3*, FoTP 3*, qgj (4*), old ben 3*, resistance pilot (3*, gear 5), and resistance tropper (4* and gear 5). IG 88, 86, kit fist, and luke 3* and low gear. phasma and HK just unlocked at 4* each, no gear

Lumi or Barriss lead skill w/ sid is great in GW. I have not lost or needed to sub my main team in for suicide squads before or after the updateand basically always finish. sid keeps self healing w/ each kill and the heal on turn basically lets me be at full health by the end. i use the above arena squad from the start except sub poe in and out for qgj as sometimes dont really need a tank until last 2 battles

main two questions ...
1) i'm worried my arena team lacks synergy. not sure if I should loose barriss b/c lumi hits so much harder or just lose both heals. barriss is just such a nice counter to keep poe up especially w/ heal debuff and lumi has great damage. Im doing pretty well (70-50 in arena) but it is hard to set up Rey w/ this group. If i go with new leader, who should be dropped and who should new leader be and what new toon. was thinking phasma for the advantage to allow Rey to get offense up, or QGJ b/c he grants offense up at lvl 60.

2) i'm at a cross roads as to who to farm now from gw and arena. I'm not planning on spending hundreds more to try to obtain shards for leia or qgj so not sure if i'm wasting my time gearing them up (but they are fun to play with). I was hoping to use the next toons to better help my arena synergy, but nothing is standing out. should I drop qgj and leia? I was farming phasma b/c i see everybody else with her or poggle from GW. I was going admiral ackbar from arena just in case game dynamics change and we need a cleanser if dots/debuffs become the rage

3) I see a ton of meta comments about poe-po-droids, but isnt there anything else end game?

thanks for any advice.
  • you misunderstood. I have no trouble with GW. It is very easy w/ Barriss in the lead (heal on turn every turn, so draw out the fights, leave tank for last), heals on some of barriss hits for the group, and sid self heal with each kill.

but for arena, not sure if 2 healers are good for defense and not sure if I should focus on another easily farmable toon from either gw or arena.

I was tempted to do qgj for the offense buff (helps Rey), but not planning on spending cash to star him so Im concerned in the long term he will become a liability at higher levels

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago