Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Fleet Composition/Synergy Ideas

Ideas on fleet compositions that can do well? The following are what we have to work with.

Tie Fighter Pilot
First Order Tie Pilot
Biggs Darklighter
Bistan/Pathfinder
Plo Koon
Jedi Consular
Clone Sergeant
Ahsoka Tano
Geonosian Soldier
Sun Fac
Boba Fett
Rey/Finn
Darth Maul
Rex
Poe Dameron
Wedge Antilles
Fives
Resistance Pilot
Geonosian Spy
  • I guess before anyone beside whales can think about ship synergies you have to go for the ships where your pilots are already maxed in order to improve your fleet arena rank. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Yes, but since I'm a month in and am currently shafted because I went the droid route, I figure I might as well start theorizing since I can't really do much of anything right now anyway
  • "Mageduckey;768897" wrote:
    Yes, but since I'm a month in and am currently shafted because I went the droid route, I figure I might as well start theorizing since I can't really do much of anything right now anyway

Well, the themes are Rebel, Republic, and Empire based on the fleet commanders. Look at the abilities on the ships and see which fleet commander they go with. For example, I was looking at Imperial TIE Fighter, and one ability has a bonus for Empire fleet commander. That's how you build a fleet for synergy.
  • Yes, but there are only 3 Rebel ships and 2 Empire ships. Plus synergy doesn't have to come in the form of everyone being the same faction (though it seems they put more emphasis on same-faction fleets than they have on same-faction squads). JKA/Lando aren't the same faction/type but both have strong AOEs and pair together with Wiggs (due to burst and more AOE). Those were the kinds of synergies I was looking for, seeing if others saw combos I hadn't.
  • The two types of synergies I've thought of are basically assist ships like Geonosian soldier and Jedi Consular combined with high damage ones like Ahsoka, and target lock ships like Biggs and Resistance Pilot.

Still early stages but taunt seems extremely valuable because of all the protection healing abilities and lack of dispels or aoe. So far, the best ships I've seen are Ahsoka, Biggs, and Sun Fac.
  • I don't have Ahsoka yet (character or ship); how's her damage compared to Geonosian Soldier's?
  • "Mageduckey;770435" wrote:
    I don't have Ahsoka yet (character or ship); how's her damage compared to Geonosian Soldier's?

Much higher I think. Mine crits for 35-40k with offense up on her dispel.
  • "Zooey;770465" wrote:
    Much higher I think. Mine crits for 35-40k with offense up on her dispel.

Wow!
  • I have found JC's ship w/ the assist and heal the most useful. problem is that he is slow

I'm underwhelmed w/ wedge for now.

ashoka seems to go first always and hits hard but the specials seem more useful after enemy has started attacking and has buffs to dispel etc.

just started with sun fac's ship, also fun when called to assist (but the only ship i have that lets me choose the ship to assist is JC).

rebel pilot's kit seems more useful than wedge unfortunately.

anybody else have any favorites?

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago