Forum Discussion

6 years ago

FOTP or FOSFTP

Which one is better in your guys opinion. I feel they both have good merits, but I'm not sure which one is better to use overall. Thanks.
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Neither. The best FO team is KRU/Kylo/Stormtrooper/Officer/Executioner.

If you have to use one, probably SF Pilot - he offers Speed Up, AOE damage, and an assist, whereas the regular pilot pretty much does single target damage and nothing else.
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "jawa7778;c-1963219" wrote:
    "Jarvind;c-1963217" wrote:

If you have to use one, probably SF Pilot - he offers Speed Up, AOE damage, and an assist, whereas the regular pilot pretty much does single target damage and nothing else.

I'd perfer to use one of the pilots over stormtrooper. Stormtrooper just isn't good in my opinion.

I get why you might get that impression on paper, but he really is a tremendous asset. First Order has a very powerful turn meter engine, second only to Ewoks and maybe the Separatist droids, and the Stormtrooper is a necessary part of it (also he's crew for Kylo's Shuttle which is a great ship):

KRU lead: all allies gain 20% TM on crits
    Masked Kylo: Entire team gains 25% TM on Lash Out (which he'll have available on most turns)
    Officer: Marching Orders gives 100% TM to target, Pinning Shot gives whole team 15% TM
    Executioner: Whole team gains 10% TM when he crits
    Stormtrooper: Whole team gains 25% TM when he taunts; zeta can potentially call Executioner assists as well

Anyway, obviously you can run whatever team you want, and if you're absolutely married to using a pilot, I stand by my SF Pilot suggestion.
  • "Jarvind;c-1963217" wrote:

I'd perfer to use one of the pilots over stormtrooper. Stormtrooper just isn't good in my opinion.
  • Characters. FOSFTP.
    Ships. FOTP.

If you dont think FOST is good, then you need to gear him up. He's excellent, especially with the zeta. He's far superior on a FO team than the aforementioned toons.
  • FOST is necessary to have the best FO team possible, but also needs a TON of gear. His taunt gives buffs to the team (heals them under zKRU lead) and gives TM to the team, and with his zeta he calls a lot of assists (which also gives advantage to the attacker, and we all know FO likes advantage) and can do so when he counter attacks. He's also tankier than KRU in terms of raw protection pool.

That being said, if you don't want to use all that gear on FOST, the special forces tie pilot is better. He has an AOE that applies a buff to your team (also heals you under zKRU). Under zKRU that AOE can crit 5x giving him 100% TM allowing him to go again and he also a targeted assist that will inflict another stun for the team if the targeted ally was FO (it should be in a FO team). He also hits harder than the standard tie pilot, but I believe is also a slightly harder gear than the original.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago