Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Gauntlet Starfighter Passive Help

Hello Devs,

I recently tried an all Empire Ship Team.

Tarkin, Tie Fighter, Tie Reaper, Tie Advance, Gauntlet, Biggs

When I run this composition, the turn order it seems a little off. In my last battle I was faced with this turn order. (The numbers are the speeds of my ships from the stat window)

Turn 1: Tie Fighter - 189
Turn 2: Biggs - 166
Turn 3: Tie Advance x1 - 163
Turn 4: Tarkin - 162
Turn 5: Gauntlet Starfighter - 125
Turn 6: Tie Reaper 140
No bonus turn meter gains were done.

Going by the math and the description of the Gauntlet Starfighter. The Gauntlet Starfighter's speed Passive gives a flat +20 for a total of 145 base speed.

Now comes the second part of the description. In addition gain + 5 speed 'for each other active empire ally'. This wording brings up some confusion to me and I have a several situatios and several questions that need some answering and perhaps further investigation.

Q1) Are Fleet Commanders included in the count as part of the 'each other (X/Y/Z) ally'
Q2) Does 'each other active (X/Y/Z) ally' include its self in that list?
Q3) Does 'each other active (X/Y/Z) ally' mean it is supposed to include the Fleet Commander?

For some frame of refernce via some other skills with similar wording. I haved tested Rex's crew ability. Rex's crew ability starts with a 6 turn CD. It decreases the cooldown of its ability 'for each other republic ally'.

Surprisingly in testing, when Rex uses this ability on his first turn and Mace is the fleet comander we get some interesting results. On Rex's second turn, his ability is on a a 3 turn cooldown!

Which means it subtracted 1 for being his turn(correct), 1 for himself being a republic ally(Bug? Or Correct?), and 1 for Mace being a republic ally(Bug? or Correct?).

In this instance the 'each other (X/Y/Z) ally' answers my first question that fleet commanders, with the correct tag are in fact included in that count. Also, a little surprising was that Rex was including himself as a Republic ally and removing 1 from the cooldown. So a rex +3 republic allies means every Rex turn he can use his crew ability. Is this working as intended?

Using what I found in Rex's situation I would expect the Gauntlet Starfighter to follow the similar rules and count the fleet commander as a ally and perhaps its self...So I listed several outcomes from my testing.

1) Gauntlet Starfighter adds an additional (+5 speed x 5 active Empire allies) = +25 Speed .
Which would mean it includes Tarkin and its self in the equation for a combined 170 Speed. (Failed, Gauntlet did not go 2nd.)

2) Gauntlet Starfighter adds an additional (+5 speed x 4 active Empire allies) = +20 Speed.
This includes Tarkin, but not its self in the equation for a gain of +165 speed. (Failed, Gauntlet did not go 3rd.)

3) Gauntlet Starfighter adds an additional (+5 speed x 3 active Empire allies) = +15 speed.
This does not include Tarkin and does not include its self for a gain of +160 speed. (Success, Gauntlet goes 5th however, since the Gauntlet Base speed + the instant 20 speed make it 145 base speed, the gauntlet would go ahead of Tie Reaper before we factor the 2nd part of the passive into the mix.)

So it seems that this 'for each other active X/Y/Z ally' and 'for each other X/Y/Z ally' are functioning differently. Thus my 2nd and 3rd questions seem to be answered with a 'No' in this current state it. Which means it does not include its self in the count or the fleet commander. Is this perhaps a bug with the Gauntlet Starfighters passive skill or the mechanics of the ability?

Does the word 'active' really change things so much that it removes fleet commanders and its self from the count?

In conclusion I am looking for some clarification on the Gauntlet Starfighters passive ability and figure out what the actually calculation for its speed should be. Also, to find out if Rex's crew ability is supposed to acting the way it does.

Thank you
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    There was another thread including the example of Rex that shows fleet commanders are counted. Typically, "all allies" includes self, but "other ally" is well, others.
  • Rex's ability says "For each other Republic ally" which includes the Fleet Commander. I guess based on how the turn order for your team went the "each other active empire ally" narrows the field down to only the ships and not the fleet commanders. Not sure if WAI but that seems to be the one distinction.

So the real question is: Does a Fleet Commander not count as an "active ally" or is the skill just bugged and not correctly adding enough speed from Empire allies?
  • Questions:
    1) does your turn order include enemy ships?
    2) if not, was umbaran starfighter present?
    3) if not, did the enemy attempt to target your tie fighter?

I can't explain why tie advanced goes before the gauntlet, but it could have gone:
    1) enemy tie misses your tie
    2) your tie target locks an enemy prompting biggs's taunt
    3) enemy umbaran attacks biggs giving him tm
    4) biggs goes
    5) tarkin goes with tm from dodge
    6) tie advanced ???
    7) gauntlet
  • "Kevez;c-1178273" wrote:
    Questions:
    1) does your turn order include enemy ships?
    2) if not, was umbaran starfighter present?
    3) if not, did the enemy attempt to target your tie fighter?

I can't explain why tie advanced goes before the gauntlet, but it could have gone:
    1) enemy tie misses your tie
    2) your tie target locks an enemy prompting biggs's taunt
    3) enemy umbaran attacks biggs giving him tm
    4) biggs goes
    5) tarkin goes with tm from dodge
    6) tie advanced ???
    7) gauntlet

To answer these questions
    1) My Tie did not dodge. No bonus TM granted.
    2) No enemy Umbaran to worry about.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago