Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Good teams for Heroic Rancor (Preparing for our first run)

Hello everybody, my guild is preparing to try on the Heroic Rancor very soon and I would like some tips please as to what teams we should use and what strategies we should make per phase. Currently we can take out tier 6 rancor in about a day after the 1st refresh. We have a couple of players who have TMR teams already and they can usually solo about a phase and a half themselves with them. I recently just Zeta'd my Vader, and plan to build a team around him that can solo the Rancor on Heroic. Currently I use the generic TMR team, (Teebo lead, QGJ, Rex, TFP, and Phasma.) Other guildies use the same first three toons and substitute TFP and Phasma for Fives and Tusken Raider or use a different combination of those 4. I know of other good toons like Jyn and Bistan that help tremendously with the TMR teams but none of us have them at 7* yet either. As a guide, I would like to inform you that we don't have most toons 7* and most (if not all) of us have been playing for no more than a year so we have "weak" toons at mainly gear 8 and 9 and a few gear 10s sprinkled in there. Thank you everybody for your help in preparing us to tackle on our first Heroic Rancor!

TLDR: Guild is doing first Heroic Rancor, we would like help preparing.

I know that most of the people on the forums are most likely farming Heroic rancor already and that's great for you but please keep the comments informative. I've been looking at Youtube videos and other forum posts but those tips get quickly outdated as the weeks go by with patches and updates. I'll also link my gg profile for those that would like to help create a team around my Zader. Thanks again everyone.

https://swgoh.gg/u/thechampionbum/
  • "TheChampionBum;c-1140840" wrote:
    Wow I would've never thought about using First Order Officer. You need to remember though that we don't have gear 11 teams and super speed mods. I doubt any of us are capable of getting a full squad of 5 toons over 200 speed.

FOO actually rocks the Rancor pretty dang hard. Give his Marching Orders to TFP to grant him Advantage + full TM, now TFP gets a guaranteed crit to apply Tenacity Down. Then Phasma AOE to apply Speed Down. Much easier to control the Rancor with those two debuffs on. Add Teebo lead for his TM drain.

Rancor will still resist from time-to-time, but with FOO, Rex, Teebo all draining TM, you should not have much trouble. But RNG will happen, and you will get a couple misses in a row or Teebo does not stealth at the right time. That's when you use FOO, Phasma, and Rex specials to speed things up so you get another turn in before the Rancor can go.
  • "EventineElessedil;c-1140943" wrote:
    "TheChampionBum;c-1140840" wrote:
    Wow I would've never thought about using First Order Officer. You need to remember though that we don't have gear 11 teams and super speed mods. I doubt any of us are capable of getting a full squad of 5 toons over 200 speed.

FOO actually rocks the Rancor pretty dang hard. Give his Marching Orders to TFP to grant him Advantage + full TM, now TFP gets a guaranteed crit to apply Tenacity Down. Then Phasma AOE to apply Speed Down. Much easier to control the Rancor with those two debuffs on. Add Teebo lead for his TM drain.

Rancor will still resist from time-to-time, but with FOO, Rex, Teebo all draining TM, you should not have much trouble. But RNG will happen, and you will get a couple misses in a row or Teebo does not stealth at the right time. That's when you use FOO, Phasma, and Rex specials to speed things up so you get another turn in before the Rancor can go.

Some more control is definitely useful but who would i take out to put in FOO? Do i take out QGJ?
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "TheChampionBum;c-1140953" wrote:
    "EventineElessedil;c-1140943" wrote:

Some more control is definitely useful but who would i take out to put in FOO? Do i take out QGJ?

Yes, you would take out QGJ for FOO in your current lineup.

• "StarSon;c-1140960" wrote:
    "TheChampionBum;c-1140953" wrote:
    "EventineElessedil;c-1140943" wrote:

Yes, you would take out QGJ for FOO in your current lineup.

Ok so my lineup would be Teebo lead, TFP, Rex, FOO, and Phasma? That team is one that would be the fastest for me to get ready. My Zader is 30 shards away from 7* and my EE is only at 4*s gear 6. My FOO is 4/100 shards but I can probably get him to 7* faster than Zader. Also with Zader, I don't really have the toons necessary to have a solid team built around him just yet.
  • "TheChampionBum;c-1140964" wrote:

Ok so my lineup would be Teebo lead, TFP, Rex, FOO, and Phasma? That team is one that would be the fastest for me to get ready. My Zader is 30 shards away from 7* and my EE is only at 4*s gear 6. My FOO is 4/100 shards but I can probably get him to 7* faster than Zader. Also with Zader, I don't really have the toons necessary to have a solid team built around him just yet.

That would be a solid team, yes. I have soloed the whole raid a few times with that same team. It will get you to phase 4 consistently. From there on you require a bit of luck to solo the rest as well.

1 final advice:

In phases 2 and 3 don't just topple the Rancor (door down) at any chance you get. Instead bring the door button to about half health and then leave it there until you get some bad RNG/luck with your TM reduction and risk that Rancor will take a turn. Only THEN do you topple to save you from having the Rancor take a turn.

• Further more save Phasmas VM and FOO's special that grants 100% TM for when Teebo is not stealthed and needs some extra TM to get ahead of the Rancor's TM.