Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Greedo

Just joined hAAT at start of P2: BH under bossk. Earlier today remodded Greedo to 79% cc, but he only hit 2 chains of 3, the rest single shots only. Is this just the worst rng ever or is hAAT P2 resistant to bonus attacks somehow?
  • "Budgernaut;c-1903703" wrote:
    "Mephisto_style;c-1903643" wrote:
    "Ravenclaws;c-1903587" wrote:
    "Mephisto_style;c-1903582" wrote:
    "Nihion2;c-1903437" wrote:
    I hit for 13 once. The RNG gods blessed me that day.

But that tells you something about the weak damage that your Greedo was modded for. Who the heck takes 13 shots to kill?

P3 STR, Or Nest.

P3 STR makes sense. If you (someone) brought Greedo to fight Nest I hope that was a teachable moment.

I feel Greedo is actually decent against Nest because the stun locks out her counter and the thermal detonators go off after she loses the bonus protection at the start of her turn. Maybe not the best anti-Nest tech, but as far as bounty hunters go, he seems to be an inportant piece for dealing with Nest.

Greedo's stun requires a zeta and is tied up with a big TM removal ability and if he actually manages to unleash a series of shots he will get countered to death and feed Nest a ton of bonus protection. Bad choice. Really bad choice.
  • "Jarvind;c-1898102" wrote:
    It's not even "bad" RNG, really. It's a 50% chance when he crits to shoot again. So assuming your crit chance is 100% just to make it easy, your hit chain odds go like so:

2 hits: 50%
    3 hits: 25%
    4 hits: 12.5%
    5 hits: 6.25%

And so on. So with under 100% CC, anything over 2 hits should be considered pretty good luck.

I guess. Just felt worse than the previous cc mod set at 64%.
  • Yeah, sounds like you don't have him moded for CD. Consider getting him to 50-70% CC with a 216% CD loadout. You'll probably get more damage out and view extra shots as icing on the cake.

Remember that his threaten ability is going to give the team CC Up anyway. So you'll be walking in with 50% CC at least plus the CC up on a lot of attacks. He's a glass canon not a plasma ion canon.
  • "Nihion2;c-1903437" wrote:

But that tells you something about the weak damage that your Greedo was modded for. Who the heck takes 13 shots to kill?
  • "Mephisto_style;c-1903643" wrote:
    "Ravenclaws;c-1903587" wrote:
    "Mephisto_style;c-1903582" wrote:
    "Nihion2;c-1903437" wrote:

P3 STR, Or Nest.

P3 STR makes sense. If you (someone) brought Greedo to fight Nest I hope that was a teachable moment.

I feel Greedo is actually decent against Nest because the stun locks out her counter and the thermal detonators go off after she loses the bonus protection at the start of her turn. Maybe not the best anti-Nest tech, but as far as bounty hunters go, he seems to be an inportant piece for dealing with Nest.
  • In theory Greedo could take down the P2 of HAAT in a single turn.. in theory you have a better chance of winning the lottery.. Greedo is a gamble for damage and a glass cannon that often breaks before it ever fires. I only have him because I used to run the TD BH before all the reworks and new BH were introduced
  • "Bouu;c-1904466" wrote:
    In theory Greedo could take down the P2 of HAAT in a single turn.. in theory you have a better chance of winning the lottery.. Greedo is a gamble for damage and a glass cannon that often breaks before it ever fires. I only have him because I used to run the TD BH before all the reworks and new BH were introduced

His threaten ability is what makes him a non-generic character. It is why I like and continue to use him. It makes up for his damage gamble and fragility. Without threaten he might as well be Jedi Knight Guardian.
  • I've had greedo hit Sion 9 times and then get destroyed by his counter hits gah!

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago