Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Holdo useful?

Running RJT, R2, BB, CLS, Thrawn. I am intrigued by Holdo but not sure if putting time and effort into farming is worth it. Can anyone speak to how useful she is for arena and raids?

Thanks in advance.
  • I have used her in my arena team ever since I got her maxed, and I take turns at first with a shardmate. Her AoE daze is helpful, she heals, she taunts, she grants foresight on her basic.

So I have used JTR, R2, BB-8, Scavenger Rey, and Holdo. I get knocked down a bit on defense, but can always work my way back up, especially against EP teams.
  • "DarkArchon;d-168068" wrote:
    Running RJT, R2, BB, CLS, Thrawn. I am intrigued by Holdo but not sure if putting time and effort into farming is worth it. Can anyone speak to how useful she is for arena and raids?

Thanks in advance.

She has an amzing kit thats ruined by bad stats.

Not useful.
  • I'm not too sure the mixed teams are the best JTR composition. Whichever plug-and-play toons people put, they don't last. JTR is almost dead on my shard, and it's full of krakens.

If you're going for a full Resistance lineup, Holdo might be a great options. Some lineups I think might work are:

JTR, BB8, Holdo, Poe, R2 (the tanky, long battle variation - Poe and Holdo as double tanks, R2 and BB8 support, only damage source is JTR and exposes).
    JTR, BB8, R2, Scav Rey/RT, Poe/Holdo(only one tank, but with one more damage dealer. Poe would probably work better with Scav Rey because he can provide buff immunity, and RT has an additional buff dispel so Holdo works).
    JTR, BB8, Scav Rey, RT, Holdo (yes, no R2. Re gives a cleanse, which benefits the most popular enemy lead nowadays, EP).
    JTR, BB8, RT, Poe, Visas (a counter to the Sith masses that roam around arena these days. Probably won't last when Sith fade away from the Meta).

Than again, I don't have the Resistance leveled enough to try these out, so these are all ideas with no testing behind them.
  • I dont have her but she is the only Resistance character that heals health reliably. Finn rarely uses his healing special and it only works on Poe. I think she would be useful in TW for this reason.

Watching TW fights against my zFinn team on D, (Finn Poe RT RP BB8) the only reason they die is Poes health is steadily worn down over numerous fights. No one else ever takes health damage until Poe dies. Usually takes 4-7 fights. I think if you replace RP or BB8 for another squad, she will increase their endurance.

Again I don't have her levelled but I think she might be able to replace BB8 so I can use him in another squad.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.

22,723 PostsLatest Activity: 8 years ago