Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Houndstooth Theory Crafting

I’m thinking houndstooth, Biggs, cassian under ackbar lead could be a solid ship squad given the dual taunts, dual assists and passive defensive buffs from cassian.

To make up for the weak stopping power you’d bring Poe, silencer, and other heavy hitters off the bench (advanced, FOTP, ITF). You could also mix in some additional tanks for a timeout squad on d

Has anyone tried this?

Trying desperately to avoid gearing geos...
  • "Red23" wrote:
    So it sounds like many people think the “old” meta is better than geos and houndstooth isn’t necessarily worth it. I struggle to beat geos with my more or less maxed Biggs + tie squad (all g12). What’s the optimal setup that will help with geos?

It's not optimal but Tarkin lead with Biggs, Silencer, ITF and Vader from the bench should win against maxed Geos pretty much all the time if played right.
  • if you're trying do some rebels, id suggest start with ghost (that also have assist call) and have phantom first reinforcement. when maxed, it will allow you to have fast second reinforcement. if you plan on having 2 tanks, i promise you that pretty fast 5 ships will benefit a lot from it. and on general, the ghost+phantom very strong together, especially when phantom comes from the bench.
  • So what star level is he Viable? Is a 3* HT with 5* g11 Bossk better than a 7* Sun Fac at g8? I really dont want to gear up Bugs because their faction is weak, whereas the BH faction and Bossk are worth it.