Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How does the % calculator for mods work?

Recently you posted that the current mod sets were confusing to most players and would get reworked.

I just finished a 10% speed bonus bump from mods on my hoda. He went from 253 to 260 when I finished the mod set. Now, I am a math teacher so I know that 10% should have resulted in a net gain of 25.3 more to speed and I assumed it would increase in the little speed indicator. I unequalled a +11 mod to put a +3 mod(terrible I know) to make the bonus happen which should have been a +24 gain. Even counting in the -8 from mod differences I should have seen a gain of 16, not 7. So the question is, what do these speed bonuses get applied to?

Also maybe make an in game help section that explains this stuff plus what all the different rebuffs and buffs do. Would be useful in avoiding these questions.
  • Well you definitely have an order of operations problem. % boosts are on base speed and hermit yodas base speed is afaik 172. A 10% gain should be 17 not 25.
  • Also be aware mod stats calculate off of closed gear sets, so any stats added by gear you can see doesnt count in the calculation
  • So when he his g12 7 stars might see another boost. Hopefully arena defense will get easier for him. Hate falling from 5th to 105th in a day.
  • % speed bonus is calculated with base speed as stated above. It's rounded down to the nearest ten (10% of 178 = additional 17 speed). Also, they don't factor in additonal gear pieces until you reach the next gear level. So if you added a +6 speed g12+ gear onto a toon with 178 speed (178 + 6 = 184) you would still only get a 17 speed bonus until that character reaches g13, which isn't possible yet.
  • "Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd;c-1595296" wrote:
    "ExarTheKun;c-1594267" wrote:
    % speed bonus is calculated with base speed as stated above. It's rounded down to the nearest ten (10% of 178 = additional 17 speed). Also, they don't factor in additonal gear pieces until you reach the next gear level. So if you added a +6 speed g12+ gear onto a toon with 178 speed (178 + 6 = 184) you would still only get a 17 speed bonus until that character reaches g13, which isn't possible yet.

What? Why is this game so confusing? No wonder there's so many bugs.

What's confusing? Mods are calculated off Base Stats. Only Completed gear levels count as Base Stats. Simple. The end.