Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How to Defeat Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe

I cannot come up with a winning strategy for teams that use Baze and Chirrut. My go-to team in Arena is:

Ackbar (Leader)
Commander Luke Skywalker
R2-D2
Princess Leia*
Stormtrooper Han*

Luke is at Gear XII; the rest are at Gear XI. I routinely lose to teams with Baze and Chirrut, even if they're only at Gear X. Here's what typically happens: (1) I hit Baze with Luke, and I remove his taunt and inflict buff immunity. (2) Chirrut cleanses Baze, and Baze regains taunt. (3) Repeat ad nauseum.

I can never seem to drop Baze's taunt long enough to take out Chirrut, and I can't take out Baze, because Chirrut is giving him so much health. Is there a winning strategy I'm missing here? Or do I need to swap out Leia and Han?

*I'm eventually going to replace Leia with Raid Han, and Stormtrooper Han with Hermit Yoda. But that's going to take a few months.
  • everyone falls to Annihilate one way or another sooner or later 66% of the time it works everytime!

mass Daze everyone ! ! if u cant defeat them, make them "useless" - Fracture, dispel when Baze taunts

harder in SA, no other characters with AOEDaze except for Maul.

maybe they should rework Phasma to get daze AOE? -off topic , but this is a good topic as well. @CG_Kozispoon

• Glad it's working our for you OP. Another piece I'd like to add is turn order.

Turn order thay works well against Chaze with your squad is:

R2->Leia->CLS

Because R2 and Leia will use their specials (smokescreen and Leia's buffs) to quickly boost Baze's TM. By the time Leia's turn is over, Naze should clear your stealth (except Leia because she has foresight) and lose his taunt. Then you can go to town on whoever.
  • "Putnam;c-1307170" wrote:
    Buff immunity baze, kill chirrut. It’s that easy

☝️

It’s not complicated. Buff immunity on Baze, stun CI, go to town.

Speed up your r2. Speed up your han and aa, too. If it were me, turn order would go CLS, r2 (with a speed of just a few short of Luke), aa, leia, then han. CLS does his thing. You can use r2 to either stun CI in your chaze scenario or smoke screen. AA tactical genius so that when leia goes next and uses her stealth she’ll automatically get another turn. Follow all that up with a fast STH and you can all go fairly quickly after that. Don’t use CLS’ CtA again if you can help it. You DO NOT want to use tactical genius right before STH goes otherwise he’ll lose his taunt too fast. Nor do you want to use it with Baze able to use his mass dispel. That would be a disaster. Your matches should be relatively easy.
  • Considering I don't have a dispeller on my arena team, I don't fight them there. But if I'm fighting them in GW, I use Resistance because I can 1) use Poe to buff immunity Baze, 2) Use RT to dispel the taunt, 3) destroy everyone other than them, then take out Baze then Chirrut.

I find Resistance really effective to take out teams with Chaze in it.