Forum Discussion

9 years ago

How to defeat Emperor Palpatine EP

Sorry, I'm not telling, I'm asking here.

If he's so beatable where are the posts and videos showing us how and proving it? Extreme luck is all that can work sometimes, and then an EP squad can auto-stomp your butt right back.

And I'm talking about top 10 arena, with fully geared and properly modded EP opponents paired properly with STH, RG, landos, anakins, etc - opponents who know how to use him.

Yoda is a joke. Tenacity does not and cannot work against a potent EP with his own buff. It's mathematically impossible. My shard is exclusively EP teams in the top 10. That is not good for the game.

EP is loved and defended by most who have him because he is the saving grace that has shot them dramatically forward in arena, thanks only to the fact they once favored Rebels in their farming. I doubt there's a single player without who doesn't think he's the worst thing that has happened in this game.
  • So, the guy that is trying to prove that EP is not OP by posting pics of you auto attacking in arena WITH EP and finishing it in 20 seconds. Don't you think you are proving the OP correct?

I couldn't agree more with the OP. Lets face it, CG gave the entire community a free 7* character that was easy to gear. And this character destroys the old meta. This was by design.
  • I enjoyed having him as one of only two players on my shard. For a few weeks he helped me take first place at will. However, people have adapted and now it requires a bit more work to rank top—3.
  • I run Rex L, RG Aayla, JKA, QGJ/Sarge depending My Rex is 202 speed and typically can beat most Ep or STHans Speed. I use squad discipline to give everyone TM and Tenacity up. My whole teams goes first and tenacity up pretty much makes EP useless it's an easy win. I know Rex is not F2P so that won't work for this players, but if you have Rex speed him up and he's the answer. I struggled with the Mustached man we know As Lando, Lando teams reck me.
  • "TrevorTheWookie;675767" wrote:
    I run Rex L, RG Aayla, JKA, QGJ/Sarge depending My Rex is 202 speed and typically can beat most Ep or STHans Speed. I use squad discipline to give everyone TM and Tenacity up. My whole teams goes first and tenacity up pretty much makes EP useless it's an easy win. I know Rex is not F2P so that won't work for this players, but if you have Rex speed him up and he's the answer. I struggled with the Mustached man we know As Lando, Lando teams reck me.

Recently I've been using a similar team... But no taunting tank... 5's instead of RG and here's the kicker... Plo Koon instead of QGJ.

Plo is amazing on this team and is one of the unfortunate unrealized gems for a clone/ Jedi squad.

You can swap Anakin for Rex as lead if you want big damage but overall Rex is a better choice in the current meta.

It's a fantastic team and very strong in high end arena
  • Rey, GS and Ani all have faster natural speeds than EP/SThan, with comparable mods you should be able to kill EP before his first turn. If you can't, maybe you should farm better mods.

EP can be stacked with health and paired with RG. ST Han can be stacked with speed. With these 3 toons, you can beat JE droids on offense and defense. I don't have Anni or Rey, but I wouldn't think Rey, GS, and Anni all together would have a chance to kill health modded EP with RG, even if all 3 went first. Just FYI.

If you can't trounce these teams with an EP lead, maybe you are the one that needs better mods. :)
  • Rey is already modded for crit damage or offense mods on any shard more than a few months old. And assume she crits.

Is ur ep modded for health? With his own lead he gets a lot! Can u take out a toon like, say 86, in the first round without triggering rg at 50% mark? EP can be modded to have >20k health, >17 k protection, add ep health bonus to that. It gets pretty damn good! My 86 has 37k h and p combined with no bonus and only 14k of that in health. He has higher armor but no 32% bonus health!! Remember rg comes to the rescue at 50% health. Health modded ep is damn near untouchable by the likes of anni and gs, even with rey. My 86 has never been ohko wiped by AI when using rg and no je. And my shard is chock full of rey and anni.. some gs but who uses him anymore? (Plus assist don't help for rg). And I have never been able to kill this EP with droids... just trigger anni unique and watch ep heal back to full, then go on a rampage, lol. But I guess if u get these.... what did u call them.... crit mods? Hmmm... gee I wonder if anyone else has these yet. ;) maybe mine are broken.

Lando wiggs, anni sure. Rey, gs, anni? Good luck with ur crit damage mods. Unless u can get ur rey offense up before she attacks and before ep moves, I call bs. And walk me thru the sequence where AI even has a shot when it randomly targets ep every time, all before 200 Speed st han goes on the emporers team.