9 years ago

How to prepare for Yoda event

Lumi 6*
QGJ 5*
JC 5*
Ahsoka 4*
Kit 2*
Jedi Knight Guardian 2*

Can I acquire Yoda with this team? If yes, at what star level?

Any suggestions on how to prepare for the event?
  • "Kinnick;36327" wrote:

Any suggestions on how to prepare for the event?

Yeah. Don't.

I made the colossal mistake to devote ALL my time, effort, energy, money, mats, everything into starring up the easiest 5 Jedi for me to 7* to get me my own 7* Yoda. The first event, I was able to get my 5* Yoda. He was amazing. The next time the event came, I lacked 1 of my lineup to do the 6* challenge. Then it came back a 3rd time and I was able to easily get my 6* then 7* Yoda. After the millions it cost to level him up and the 40 or so purple mats to get all his abilities to 7, and it was awesome. Yoda played as he should for all the work it took to unlock him.

Then Order 66 came through, and they completely castrated Yoda. He now only gets used in GW. Thats it.

It was the biggest slap in the face they could of ever done to anyone. Much less the Grandmaster who commands his own event once a month or so. I almost stopped playing, and came very close to calling Google and requesting refunds for the $ I've spent on this game.

So in summary, if you have the Jedi to get him, great, but by no means should you sacrifice the rest of your lineup to obtain Yoda. He isn't worth it anymore. He just isn't. They need to rework him and MAYBE he will be worth it. But as he stands right now, he is no more than a C team member. And thats a stretch.
  • "K1ngYoda;379493" wrote:
    You prepare by not doing it and instead focus all effort into the current meta which is being exploited by 95% of players.

Go
    Dooku - L, RG, QGJ, GS, Daka.

Or you can mix it up a little tiny tiny tiny bit and include any of, Lumi, ST Han, Rey, Leia

ignore all others.

This guy gets it
  • It depends on what you want to do with him. Yoda is a good character and has a lot of upside. His damage isn't as bad as it sounds, especially not for the utility he brings. He can find a spot in many neutral teams.

With that being said, there is a huge investment of time and resources into getting the Jedi for him. Here's the thing, the Jedi are not overly competitive in Arena, a couple are good for Rancor, and a couple are good for GW. You sacrifice possibly leveling a good Raid squad or Arena squad for Yoda. It kind of depends on your resource availability, namely cash for crystals. I don't regret getting Yoda, but it did set me back a little for other good characters.

Suggested squad that has value aside from Yoda event
    - Lumi: Good in GW, LS battles, neutral squad, raids
    - QGJ: Excellent all around, fits into any squad easily
    - Barriss: Excellent for GW and Raid
    - Ahsoka: Not bad for Rancor and GW. Some folks liker her for Arena
    - Mace: Not sure what good to say about him, maybe in an Arena team as a taunt breaker, but QGJ does it too and better.

Kit might be decent but you can only get him through packs. If you have the cash to spend then do it and maybe you'll get Aayla too. If you do, now you have some Jedi worth talking about (Aayla).
  • "Darth_Jay77;381045" wrote:
    It depends on what you want to do with him. Yoda is a good character and has a lot of upside. His damage isn't as bad as it sounds, especially not for the utility he brings. He can find a spot in many neutral teams.

With that being said, there is a huge investment of time and resources into getting the Jedi for him. Here's the thing, the Jedi are not overly competitive in Arena, a couple are good for Rancor, and a couple are good for GW. You sacrifice possibly leveling a good Raid squad or Arena squad for Yoda. It kind of depends on your resource availability, namely cash for crystals. I don't regret getting Yoda, but it did set me back a little for other good characters.

Suggested squad that has value aside from Yoda event
    - Lumi: Good in GW, LS battles, neutral squad, raids
    - QGJ: Excellent all around, fits into any squad easily
    - Barriss: Excellent for GW and Raid
    - Ahsoka: Not bad for Rancor and GW. Some folks liker her for Arena
    - Mace: Not sure what good to say about him, maybe in an Arena team as a taunt breaker, but QGJ does it too and better.

Kit might be decent but you can only get him through packs. If you have the cash to spend then do it and maybe you'll get Aayla too. If you do, now you have some Jedi worth talking about (Aayla).

Great post mate, cheers!

Also, thank you to all the commenters. I have decided to not change my development plan, to rashly chase Yoda. I will let unlocking him be an organic by product of my normal plan. That may mean going a couple more Yoda events before I get him, and so be it. I'll be happier with my squad overall, than I would be having bench Jedi I didn't want in the first place. Thanks all.
  • Jedi are wonderful for GW and Yoda is very helpful in raids. It is not much of a waste to invest in them. However try to avoid ones that have a basic attack that debuffs (ie. Mace) as Yoda gains massive amounts of TM whenever he resists - and he resists everything.

QGJ and Luminara still have a pace in Arena. Bariss, JC, and Ashoka are great in GW. Build that team and you won't get set back much in Arena and will have the loveable green dude.

I have my 7* QGJ/Bariss/JC/Lumi/Eeth team ready for this round of Yoda (I have him at 6*). Eeth is the only one I feel like I wasted any time on. And to me it is just basically a straight trade of Eeth for Yoda.

If you could have used arena shards for Yoda would you have?
  • I know I said don't get him, but in the event you do decide to do so, I strongly suggest Barris. She is a rockstar in GW and the Yoda event.

Nevertheless, the "easiest" way to get Yoda is to pick ones that you can farm at the same time. I was fortunate enough to pull a 4* Barris from bronzium. So, in GW I did the Barris nodes, with JC fillers, then purchased QGJ from Cantina credits. Eeth Koth from arena (I don't care what anyone says, he hits as hard as Lumi, and has a more reliable stun than Dooku or Daka.) Lumi in GW credits, JC hard nodes. That is the method that I used to unlock my 5 7* Jedi asap.

I don't regret "getting" Yoda, as farming all those Jedi made GW infinitely easier. I really just regret all the resources I poured into him once I unlocked him.
  • If you do plan to go for Yoda I strongly suggest going for Barris. She is the best lead possible for the event with Lumi as a decent alternative.

The team I plan to use will be Barris lead, Lumi, JC, QGJ, Ahsoka. Lot of heals and a good amount of damage to hopefully knock down the little green fella.
  • "garublador;382648" wrote:
    "SlyGambit;382080" wrote:
    Eeth is the only one I feel like I wasted any time on. And to me it is just basically a straight trade of Eeth for Yoda.

If you could have used arena shards for Yoda would you have?
    That was my thought when farming, too. Two toons for the price of one. However, Eeth is useful at the beginning of the Rancor raids to stun the guards that taunt so he's gained a little utility.

His stun is useful there. I am glad i have him for that phase if the raid.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago