Forum Discussion

EN6A6E
Rising Newcomer
3 years ago

HT and Breach

I know how Hound's Tooth works and its abilities. But I'm trying to figure out how and why taunt would get reapplied out of turn immediately after it gets dispelled. I get that it's supposed to reapply when enemies are breached. But there doesn't seem to be a way to dispel it. I can use an infinite amount of dispel attacks/abilities and nothing works against it. I would assume that the 1 turn limit for taunt would eventually dispel it. But it never does.
Why is there no tangible limit that will eventually dispel taunt?
When Hound's Tooth loses Taunt, it gains Taunt for 1 turn if an enemy is Breached.
    EN6A6E
    Rising Newcomer
    "herd_nerfer;c-2367683" wrote:
    HT is hands down one of the best ships (if not THE best) in the game. It has been since it was released. You can submit a bug report but they'll just tell you it's WAI.

Honestly, if you can't beat them, join them. Farm HT and enjoy using it. Might consider going after executor too. It's truly awesome to use on offense and great on defense.

I already have HT and I cannot find any use for it because I run a rebel fleet. I know I need Executor but I have no way to farm for it right now as it is counterproductive to my current progress.
  • "Engage;c-2367693" wrote:
    "herd_nerfer;c-2367683" wrote:
    HT is hands down one of the best ships (if not THE best) in the game. It has been since it was released. You can submit a bug report but they'll just tell you it's WAI.

Honestly, if you can't beat them, join them. Farm HT and enjoy using it. Might consider going after executor too. It's truly awesome to use on offense and great on defense.

I already have HT and I cannot find any use for it because I run a rebel fleet. I know I need Executor but I have no way to farm for it right now as it is counterproductive to my current progress.

Gear up bossk and slot HT into your current team in place of your primary tank. Really bossk works in any lineup. I used to use him with GR before exec.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Rebel fleets require a LOT on high relic characters and difficult to obtain ships for it to be good.

I don’t get how farming Executor requirements is counterproductive, considering how having Executor pretty much guarantees top 10 in fleet arena
    averschevet
    Rising Newcomer
    HT will always be a pain without the right comp and right gear/level on your ships and pilots.

Buff immunity is awesome against him not only because it allows yo to dispel his taunt, but because it also prevents him from gaining protection up, which makes him easier to kill.

But remember, as other already said, that HT's basic cleanses all his debuff. If you apply Buff immunity just before he gets a turn (or just before he gets called to assist), he will cleanse himself and the Buff immunity would be wasted. The timing can be hard some times if you don't have the right set up, and for Rebels, cleansing the Breach out of your ships will most likely be easier, specially that if there's no other Breach applying ship, so once HT uses his special you will have some time before he can apply breach again. Keep in mind tho that while he's not taunting, HT gets TM when you hit other enemies, and he has higher tenacity. For Rebels, what I used to do was using the Y-Wing's special while HT was taunting (less tenacity), get the Prot disruption on it then burst him to take him out before he can dispel the Protection Disruption with his basic, as he gets extremely squishy without protection and protection up.
    EN6A6E
    Rising Newcomer
    By Breach I was specifically meaning Executor's breach. You can't dispel it and HT can't be destroyed because it becomes immortal with the Executor in lead.
    averschevet
    Rising Newcomer
    "Engage;c-2367884" wrote:
    By Breach I was specifically meaning Executor's breach. You can't dispel it and HT can't be destroyed because it becomes immortal with the Executor in lead.

Oh yeah with Executor's undispellable Breach, your only hope is to apply Buff immunity and hope it lasts (not easy as Exe has a cleanse, and a mass assist that calls HT and he cleanses). Usually Rebels struggle a lot against a Executor with HT on starting lineup. Executor is THE meta right now, don't expect every fleet to be able to defeat it. Finalizer and Malevolence are the best off meta counters for Executor. It sucks but that's how the ship meta is right now.
  • "Engage;c-2367884" wrote:

I destroy Hounds Tooth several times a day in fleet arena.