Forum Discussion

9 years ago

IG-86 vs Tusken Raider

Been playing since a bit before the global launch, and would like to add to the growing consensus that it's better to concentrate on characters whose shards are easily farmable - saved for the 8x Chromium, didn't get much of any use, now going to go refills all the way!

On that note, I'm heading towards a 6 and then 7-star Luminara, and am planning my next focus for Galactic War shipments; I have a two-star IG-86 and a three-star Tusken. They both seem like they do great single-target damage, which I lack at present. The rest of my team is Luminara, Sidious, Dooku and Consular.

Anyone with experience levelling 86 or Tusken got a feel for how they compare with each other in terms of damage? I note they both have that sweet assist ability and it looks like Tusken is going to be more tanky, being strength-based (which is quite handy in Galactic War).
  • I am a big fan of IG-86 as even hes normal attacks hits pretty hard (Double my normal characters attacks - when he crits, which is a lot). But in saying that he only has 4 - 5 hits and then hes dead.

Currently as my IG-86 sits at 4* I will keep leveling him up as he works well in my team.

I don't have Tusken yet so I couldnt tell you what the real difference is, but what I have noticed in PvP in regards to Tusken is that;

• He is annoying to kill as he has alot of HP
    • The only thing I watch out for is the assisted attack
    • I don't find hes normal attacks worrying and usually leave him for last

In saying that, I reckon if I didn't have Bariss Offee as my leader I would rather use Tusken.
  • Thanks, Soujah. Yeah, it looks like Tusken would be better for Galactic War with his tank-like HP, but 86 would be better for Arena with his massive emphasis on crit. (I don't have either of their skills powered up much yet, but from what I can see so far it appears that Tusken's basic attack starts to do things like suppress turn meter, while 86 evolves down more of a pure damage route.)