Forum Discussion

9 years ago

IG-88 led meta team.

What's the best team using IG-88 as leader? I saw one guy on my server using 88 then one day he disappeared. I feel like 88 is so underrated. Any suggestions?
  • I currently try to build up the following Team

IG88(L)
    Vader
    RG
    Phasma
    Dengar

IG88 will die very fast, but the rest brings a bunch of HP/Protection to the table and with Dots all you need is time. Vader can easily oneshot other characters and will also bring a lot of dots. Phasma has advantage, AOE and Debuffs, Dengar also has some nasty abilities and a (on Paper) strong basic Attack.

This Squad have lots of HP (besides IG88), 4 AoEs, 2 stuns (RG, Dengar), Ability Block Basic (Vader) etc. I think you can also try Daka for Phasma to distract your opponent from IG88 or get some nasty RNG rolling for you (AI bonus ;).

For me it would take a while to build up the team since i also need other stuff. At least IG88 and RG are near maxed, Phasma sit on 7*, Vader on 5* and Dengar is near 4*.
  • I run an 88 lead team on offense: 88(L), Phasma, Lando, Rey & GS

I WANT to run Vader for more DoTs, but he's just not there. It is a pretty fun team, and consistently beats teams of higher arena power. Those Lando AoEs really pack a punch!
  • Lately I've been using 88(L), Anakin, Vader, Lando and either Rex or Poe (yes Poe) and it's devastating on offense... I'm calling it the "minute to win it" team since it just obliterates the other team and most matches are won with a minute lol

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago