Forum Discussion

8 years ago

IG-88 with boba lead, viable? add a 3rd bounty hunter?

my current arena team, which can beat some chaze, can almost get to #1 (only the others keep locking up the spot at payout), is Boba lead, tfp, b2, shoretrooper, and ig-88

with boba's lead, tfp can rip apart stuff, b2 clears tanks, and boba actually is a big mvp. (tfp often dies first but if not gets amazing damage in). ig-88 seems to not work great, he dies fast, is slow, but can potentially deal huge aoe, ability block, and heal immunity basics. his speed can actually go up by 105 through boba lead, which for my team would then be 270ish. on top of that, his potency gives boba a lot more health.

would it be better to replace him? or replace TFP with cad bane for more bounty hunter synergy?
who could 88 be replaced with? i have EP but against chaze/kenobi he seems not viable anymore
  • It's definately worth a shot. Having an extra bounty hunter will increase the max health of both boba and 88 and bane can hit pretty hard at max level and modded
  • "DarthFlameKitty;852354" wrote:
    86 > 88 in my opinion, I prefer 86 due to his assist, from my experience Cad Bane is pretty bad and I wouldn't recommend him unless using for you to be different. You might want to consider a drone team?

I have used droid teams, and imo for the current meta they aren't doing so well (except for a team with k2so, b2, je, hk, and 88...that team does oddly great). 88 is being used because he is a bounty hunter, so 86 would not be better on this specific team.
  • "Push2Stops;852597" wrote:
    Have you tried Dengar?

no, but i have him at 7*. just from using him in the scoundrel events, and trying him on rancor, i didn't particularly like him, but if on boba lead people found huge success with Dengar i would try gearing him up
  • I haven't had much luck with Cad Bane. I got him to 7* after the Boba Fett rework, but he hasn't impressed me.