Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Imperial Trooper squad advice

So I decided to work on a IT squad mostly since I need an empire squad for R2D2 but also because they get so aggro with assists and etc.
Want to know what the general consensus is for the optimal squad config. I'm just starting on it, so I haven't totally committed to any specific unit yet. Also - I'm aware that I might need ColS (I'm like 67/80)...

For now, tentatively, just using what I have available already, mine looks like so:
GV (L)
ST
Snow
MT
RT
I feel like MTs imperial trooper unique buff is worthless (crit dam, if I remember correctly) and he's super weak. Prob toss him and Snow and - potentially - scrap ST as well.
Pretty much everyone I've seen runs CS 'and' GV both, although it seems inconsistent who should be (L). RT is a must with his assist ability, IMO (or did I miss something else?).

Basically I want to know of anyone has advice who I should farm and who I should quit wasting time on...
Thanks!
  • "Darthsetty99;c-1721532" wrote:
    Drop storm for shore and magma for stark

Agree.

I primarily run;

Gen Veers (L)
    Starck
    Death Trooper
    Snow Trooper
    Shore Trooper

I interchange Shore with Magma on occasion if I want to increase damage output. For example the Forest Moon event or P2 of the Tank Raid.

I’m working on Range, it’s a slow process but feel he’ll be worth it and will prob swap him for someone (not sure who yet).

• Went back and double checked all the IT units' unique buff abilities. Def gonna try farming shore (after I finish range).
    Do peeps really feel like snow is powerful enough to deserve a spot? I feel like there's not enough dam output there...
  • "Darthsetty99;c-1721532" wrote:
    Drop storm for shore and magma for stark

Storm is great for TB (also for the special mission) and it gets the job done in the R2D2 event. For TW/GA, yes, Shoretroopers pretaunt is needed.
  • "Kodiak_Skywalker;c-1721574" wrote:
    Went back and double checked all the IT units' unique buff abilities. Def gonna try farming shore (after I finish range).
    Do peeps really feel like snow is powerful enough to deserve a spot? I feel like there's not enough dam output there...

Snowtrooper is great in TB and against NS in TW/GA. However, against FO in TW/GA I often replace it.
  • In the R2 Event you may want EP as your lead, depending on who you've got unlocked, especially if you're undergeared. His chance to stun the entire team will essentially win the match. For the "easier" to unlock 7* for R2, I'd probably do something like EP, Vader, Tarkin +2 (really, anyone you've got unlocked, but a tank would be preferable, like Stormtrooper/Royal Guard). That team can unlock him at G8, as long as you have OK mods (probably only need like +50ish speed).
    For troopers, though, I'd go for this lineup:

Veers (L)
    Stark
    Shore
    Death
    Range

It's a much longer farm, especially up to 7*, which is why I'd go for something quicker to unlock R2. You can also swap in Snow and Magma, depending on the situation. Don't underestimate Magma, either--his special can really help control the opponent's TM, which is critical for getting the first kill to start your turn meter train rolling. General strategy is to have Stark be the fastest, start off with all your buffs to boost your team's turn meter, then focus fire until you can kill 1, then use deathtrooper's Terminate to apply deathmark to pick off the team one by one.
  • zVeers, Starck, Snow, Shore, Range. Saves Death Trooper for other squads etc. (also because i have several cantina projects ahead of him)

I manually do GW a few times just to try out different squads and they can clear the table with full health and protection on my simmable level 85 GW.

They're beastly.